Known problems with Technisat Skystar 2 PCi and nforce-Chipset? (1 Viewer)

StarWup

Portal Pro
April 7, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello guys,

I'm running MP 1.1.3 on my single-seat Win7 64b HTPC and randomly can or can not watch live TV. Sometimes the stream stutters, sometimes there is no audio and video at all and on some days it simply works - but just for a few minutes. I have "Unable to play: tsbufferxxx..." every day. I'm pretty sure that I check all the important settings. By the way, Windows Media Center 7 can't play TV either - I just get garbled and stuttering frames.

I wondered if there might be a problem with the combination of my mainboard and/or the TV card?!

The mainboard is a AMD Athlon 4850e-equipped MSI K9N6PGM2-V which has a nforce430 chipset. The TV card is a Technisat SkyStar 2. I have no additional graphics adapter installed since I connect my LG 32"TV via VGA D-sub cable and found the internal VGA graphics to fit perfectly. I adjusted the VGA shadow memory in BIOS to 256MB.

I have read several times but not confirmed that the Technisat SkyStar 2 may have a problem with nforce-based mainboards. Is that true? If so I could easily buy a new mainboard to get rid of the problems but would like to save the money if it won't help.

regards,
Jens

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom