KVCD / KDVD ReEncoding... (1 Viewer)

jondmac

Portal Member
April 21, 2005
I think it would be very cool to have KVCD and KDVD reencoding plugin to MP. Then people could put several movies on one DVD or a full movie on one CD!

What is KVCD?
"K Video Compression Dynamics"

KVCD is a modification to the standard MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 GOP structure and Quantization Matrix. It enables you to create over 120 minutes of near DVD quality video, depending on your material, on a single 80 minute CD-R/CD-RW. We have published these specifications as KVCDx3, our official resolution, which produce 528x480 (NTSC) and 528x576 (PAL) MPEG-1 variable bit rate video, from 64Kbps to 3,000Kbps. Using a resolution of 352x240 (NTSC) or 352x288 (PAL), it's possible to encode video up to ~360 minutes of near VCD quality on a single 80 minute CD-R. The mpeg files created will play back in most modern standalone DVD players. You must burn the KVCD MPEG files as non-standard VCD or non-standard SVCD (depends on your player) with Nero or VCDEasy.

Using KVCD parameters to create DVDs (KDVD), will enable you to create 100% DVD compliant MPEG-2 streams, capable of playing on any standard DVD player. This will allow you to put up to about 6 hours Full D-1 720x480 on one DVD, or about 10 hours at Half D-1 352x480.

You follow me?

The video encoder TmpEnc supports KVCD/KDVD :!: :wink:

http://www.kvcd.net

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MediaPortal Version: 1.19.0 Description Hi, After a small EPG change (e.g. 5 minutes added to the start time), a show is recorded correctly, but the title of the recording is incorrect. The recording name is the name of the show just before in the EPG. Why do I think this is a MediaPortal bug? 1. Available EPG options depend on...
MediaPortal Version: 1.19.0 Description Hi, After a small EPG change (e.g. 5 minutes added to the start time), a show is recorded...
MediaPortal Version: 1.19.0 Description Hi, After a small EPG change (e.g. 5 minutes added to the start time), a show is recorded...
Replies
Views
I am trying to play LiveTV video within RadioTime plug-in and can't get any video channels to play. All the radio channels play fine. Most of the video files are Windows Media Video v8/9/10 I made sure both wmv3 wmv10 codecs in LAV and FFDshow are checked. I see that RadioTime is now a new software company called TuneIn How do I find...
I am trying to play LiveTV video within RadioTime plug-in and can't get any video channels to play. All the radio channels play...
I am trying to play LiveTV video within RadioTime plug-in and can't get any video channels to play. All the radio channels play...
Replies
Views
Any chance this is fixed in EVR in the near future for MP1? Does MP2 suffer from this problem also? Anyone knows?
Any chance this is fixed in EVR in the near future for MP1? Does MP2 suffer from this problem also? Anyone knows?
Hi all, I'm facing this issue with videos taken with my home smartphones (IPhone 6s and Nexus 5X). Both smartphones use MPEG (Mov...
Replies
Views
Ich streame häufig Live-TV mit dem Webbrowser. Die Funktionen die MPExtended 0.5.4 anbietet gefallen mir sehr. Auch die Abhandlung (start/stop) der Fernsehkarten läuft super. Dennoch bin ich nach langer & intensiver Nutzung langsam mit der generellen Performance der Stream-Profiles unzufrieden. Die Klötzchen sind GROSS (...) und...
Ich streame häufig Live-TV mit dem Webbrowser. Die Funktionen die MPExtended 0.5.4 anbietet gefallen mir sehr. Auch die Abhandlung...
Ich streame häufig Live-TV mit dem Webbrowser. Die Funktionen die MPExtended 0.5.4 anbietet gefallen mir sehr. Auch die Abhandlung...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 No AC3 sound ... DE
@fanol Thanks for providing the log files. However they contain only limited detail. Could you please collect new log files, and this time use the Watchdog tool with option 1 or 2 ("report a bug...") to do it. The Watchdog tool is the preferred method/source for collecting log files. Please use it whenever you can. General...
@fanol Thanks for providing the log files. However they contain only limited detail. Could you please collect new log files, and...
Hi! I start to play, and there is no sound. Established LAV 0.68 everywhere. On the other formats and movies is no such problem. I...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom