KWORLD UB435-Q (Nemesis) - Long Unresolved Issue (1 Viewer)

NRivera637

Portal Member
September 7, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The issue of KWORLD UB435-Q Tuner remains seemingly unresolved going back quite some time - I've contacted KWORLD to no avail as the issue is NOT with their product. Since the UB435-Q Tuner works 100% fine with Media Center it then seems logical to conclude the problem to be with MediaPortal (somewhere).

I am currently up to MP v1.5 and for the past year have not been able to get the cards to work ( V2 & V3 versions). I have tried all implied solutions (and drivers) and followed lots of 'Bunny Trail' postings which end up frustratingly - nowhere.

I am attaching my experiences and frustrations as well as detailed specs & log files to illustrate the failure events. I am hoping that someone at MP (or elsewhere) can review and maybe see where the wheel is broken for MediaPortal and KWORLD's UB435-Q to have a happy marriage and work lovingly ever-after.

Hoping to hear from someone soon... Thx.

Attachments

• MediaPortal Log-Files.zip
    923.1 KB

NRivera637

Portal Member
September 7, 2013
Home Country
I believe I saw the thread you refer to (one of my Bunny Trails) and - Yes I would be 'Up To The Challenge'. How do we do this..?

NRivera637

Portal Member
September 7, 2013
Home Country
Ok, I'll be setting things up for you and ping you back when everything is in place. Thanks...

NRivera637

Portal Member
September 7, 2013
Home Country
MM, while within my network I use MTSC/RDP on a daily basis almost, I am not familiar on how to open my environment to you using TeamViewer. If you could provide a Primer I would greatly appreciate it - thanks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm happy to use RDP if it is easier for you. :)

TeamViewer really is straightforward:
    1. Download - http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows.aspx.
    2. Run the exe.
    3. Select "run" (you can install if you want, but you don't have to), then click next.
    4. Tick to accept the licence agreement, then click next.
    5. You should see something like this:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...Screenshot_on_a_machine_running_Windows_8.png

6. Send me the numbers under "allow remote control" - "your ID" and "password" and I'll be able to connect. No other configuration required.

NRivera637

Portal Member
    September 7, 2013
    Home Country
    I did a reply to email with TeamViewer numbers, or should I have placed here..? (unsecure...)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No, definitely don't place it here. That would be insecure.
    I didn't get the email reply so I guess that got lost in the ether.
    In the original email you should see a "view this conversation" link/button. If you click on that it will take you to the private conversation where you can reply. Otherwise if you can't see that button, roll up to the top of this page and find the link to your "inbox". If you go in there you'll see our conversation and should be able to reply. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom