KWORLD UB435-Q - Tuning Solution (FIXED!) (1 Viewer)

NRivera637

Portal Member
September 7, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
For those who have been struggling with the UB435-Q Tuners, here is a working & tested solution. Please note this has been tested with the UB435-Q V2 tuners only and with MP V1.3, V1.4 & V1.5 Beta. I tried the UB435-Q V3 tuners but they insist on Blue-Screening on first scan - will work that out later. I've included my email for any questions and advice that you post any further discoveries.

Thanks to MP MM1352000 for his time and effort on helping me find the solution to share. Have fun..!

Attachments

• UB435-Q Solution.zip
    112.6 KB
Last edited:

Lawful

July 6, 2014
Home Country
Thanks for this, It helped me come up with a solution... I am using UB435-Q V3. Those frequencies you had didn't work for me, and I don't have a frequency scanner.
So what I did was take the atsc tuning parameters edited them all. I found and replaced all ATSCTuning to DVBCTuning in the files. And renamed them to Country.State.Standard and so on... Then I placed them in the dvbc tuning parameters folder. The standard one pretty much found all my channels.

Took me 3 days, and several different dvr software's to find one that worked for me. media portal is the only one I can use apparently.

Uploaded the files to save people the trouble if they also have the same problem.

Attachments

• USA.Arkansas.QAM HRC.xml
    11 KB
  • USA.Arkansas.QAM HRC+3.xml
    11 KB
  • USA.Arkansas.QAM IRC.xml
    11 KB
  • USA.Arkansas.QAM Standard.xml
    11.1 KB
  • USA.Arkansas.QAM Std Alternative.xml
    11.1 KB

NRivera637

Portal Member
September 7, 2013
Home Country
I wasn't sure that it would work for all states/providers - but the solution method is the same once you know your frequencies. Glad this helped and though it took you three days it took me months to figure it out and of course MM was instrumental in final solution. I moved back to Florida from Houston and same solution (and frequencies) did work. I will be switching to OTA soon as cable costs are just too unreasonably high for the few channels I watch with BrightHouse. Only thing is that switching to Internet only with BH cost about the same as keeping the TV service (no sense). Can't get a break from the monopoly - Sucks. Happy watching Lawful..! MP is in fact the best.

Stevenw

December 20, 2014
Home Country
The KWorld UB435-Q V1-3 tuners work fine in TotalMedia, Hypermedia Center and TiVme on Windows; also in Kaffeine and MythTV on Linux.

These tuners work fine with ATSC (North America) over-the-air channels (8VSB) in MediaPortal, Next PVR and Windows Media Center.
They do NOT work with "clear QAM" cable tv channels (QAM256) in these programs.

THE PROBLEM:
Quoting NRivera637, "This tuner presents itself as an ATSC/QAM tuner. Each tuner thinks it's an ATSC/QAM tuner, runs as an ATSC tuner
but searches for DVB-C frequencies. There is no DVB-C in North America therefore nothing will ever be found."

THE SOLUTION:
Create a DVB-C file containing ATSC frequencies!

This fix should work with V1, V2 and possibly V3 tuners.

I copied the frequencies from the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\atsc\QAM Standard.xml
file into one of the \dvbc files (using it as a pattern and removing the extra entries of course).

MediaPortal scans my channels just fine!!!
I have Frontier (formerly Verizon FiOS) in the Tampa Bay area.

NOTE: If I understand this correctly, this should work for any cable company in the USA because they all use these QAM256 frequencies.
I used the ATSC frequencies from "QAM Standard". If you have "QAM Std Alternative", "QAM HRC", "QAM HRC+3" or "QAM IRC"
channels you will have to make a separate file for the one you need using these same frequencies.

1. Install MediaPortal.

2. Copy the "USA.QAM Standard.xml" file into:
C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbc

3. Run the "MediaPortal TV-Server Configuration".
Under "TV Servers", select the "DVB-C Tuner for Windows Media Center", NOT the "ATSC BDA 2870 TVTuner".
On the right side select "USA" and "QAM Standard".
Click "Scan for channels"....

The idea for this solution came from the .PDF file above, and from "mm1352000" in these threads:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...q-nemesis-long-unresolved-issue.121449/page-2
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/comcast-atsc-tuning-frequencies-houstn-texas-same-as-brighthouse-orlando-florida.125095/

My Next PVR fix is in this thread:
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?58589-Kworld-ub435-q-tuner-fix!&highlight=ub435-q

My Windows Media Center fix is also attached!

Attachments

• USA.QAM Standard.xml
    22.1 KB
  • Windows Media Center - KWorld UB435-Q ATSC TV Tuner Fix!.zip
    17.7 KB
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom