Kylo, on screen keyboard webbrowser (1 Viewer)

Faravid

Portal Member
January 14, 2012
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi, could it be possible to add native support for Kylo browser to MediaPortal?
I managed to add Kylo through a application launching plug-in, but it was a little bit difficult.

Kylo browser is pretty much the only choice for HTPC web browser that has native on screen keyboard.
Works very well with remote that has trackball mouse.

mylycha

July 25, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi,

On the small chance that you are still around...
What application launching plug-in did you use and how did you configure it?

Thanks in advance.[DOUBLEPOST=1374778426][/DOUBLEPOST]I did get Kylo to work pretty well when I turned on "use mouse to browse" in the Web Browser plug-in set up. I have a keyboard on my remote, so that might work for me. : )

Faravid

Portal Member
January 14, 2012
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi,

On the small chance that you are still around...
What application launching plug-in did you use and how did you configure it?

Thanks in advance.[DOUBLEPOST=1374778426][/DOUBLEPOST]I did get Kylo to work pretty well when I turned on "use mouse to browse" in the Web Browser plug-in set up. I have a keyboard on my remote, so that might work for me. : )

Sorry, can't remember anymore, I have switched programs over so many times by now.
Also I stopped using Kylo as it had performance issues.
I'm now using Google Chrome browser with Comfort On-Screen keyboard Pro + Chrome plug-in for the keyboard and start screen set to show the most used sites as thumbnails.
To make using it more comfortable on TV-screen I have set screen objects enlargement to 150% from Windows 7 screen settings. (Unfortunately can't check how those are presented in the control panel, as my Windows installation is not in english).

mylycha

July 25, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
No worries, we've decided to go back to WMC. I simply want to turn on the TV and have a decent interface so I can watch TV (live, record, etc..), Movies (Netflix, Hulu, etc...), Web Services (Kylo, Google, etc...) and listen to Music (Pandora, Radio, etc...). I love the look of Media Portal, but just can't get it to do what I want easily. I'm not a fan of on-screen keyboards, we use a mini-controller from logitech. I'm sure by this time next year, I'll have swapped many programs too... LOL Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom