Last.FM functionality in Music Scrobbler (1 Viewer)

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey seeing that Last.FM is register only (which I am myself)... Could we not introduce the option in the scrobbler in my music...

For instance, you have..

My Frilends
My Neightbours
Random
Similar..

Why is "My Songs" or "My Suggestions" not used in this section as well... I mean sure it's not as cool as the vast array of content and other elements that last.fm has but some of us have very big music collections that even our selves forget the vast nature of them.

Just an idea... :D :D

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey seeing that Last.FM is register only (which I am myself)... Could we not introduce the option in the scrobbler in my music...

For instance, you have..

My Frilends
    My Neightbours
    Random
    Similar..

Why is "My Songs" or "My Suggestions" not used in this section as well... I mean sure it's not as cool as the vast array of content and other elements that last.fm has but some of us have very big music collections that even our selves forget the vast nature of them.

Just an idea... :D :D

Quite easy answer: it does not make any sense.

My songs (which is the your "library" at last.fm): The webservices didn't contain a method to retrieve those. The new api would offer this feature but then again all results are limited to 50 items. Especially if you have a large collection I don't see why you'd want to listen to your 50 top tracks all the time. Of course you could simply do this with a corresponding view or by creating a "favorites" playlist.

My Suggestions: Last.fm tries to play songs which are NOT yet in your library therefore the tracks on such a list would not be found in your local collection.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry RTV I meant my webplaylist...

Songs that I play locally are submitted to my last-fm profile. So all I'm saying is that you have "my friends" and "my neighbours", why not "my webplaylist" or "my suggestions"... Trust me I have a good 250gig of MP3's, I can guarantee it would get a few hits....

Any way I obviously don't know what I"m talking about.... :confused:

PS: Posted another post concerning navigation... A few of us would appreciate the feedback.. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom