"last searches" lost after reboot (1 Viewer)

stroehli

January 28, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi everybody,
I have some shows that I watch periodically. Therefore I configured Online Videos in the way that it remembers the last 9 searches in every Channel.
But: Online Videos always looses the last searches after a reboot. That is annoying: Normally I use the remote control to do the searches... Typing "sendung mit der maus" with the rc and without errors takes its time...

Does anybody know how to keep those last searches longer than until the next bootup?
Or is it possible to store favorite search strings (ideally for every site)... That would be great

Thanks für your hints

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Actually the searchHistory is saved to MediaPortal.xml, so should survive a reboot. Saving happens when MediaPortal is closed. So the question is, how do close MediaPortal - because a killed exe cannot save ;) But you are losing more configs in that case as well.

stroehli

January 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for your help,
    I had "minimize to tray on GUI exit" activated. It seems that therefore the MP-Process was not finished correctly when triggering a reboot. That prevented saving to MediaPortal.xml.

Now everything works fine!

BTW: I would really appreciate a feature like "save favorite search strings". When you stroll around in a channel you loose your often used search strings.
    I could even imagine a starting page where you get a list of your favorite shows instead of the standard welcomepage of the channel.Am I the only one who would love this?

Last edited:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can add a category as favorite (F9 to show context menu). So add your most used categories as favorites and then start at the Favorite Site (Star Icon) to browse your customized site ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom