LastFM and Conditional Visibility (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Are there any visibility conditions that can work with LastFM? I have tried plugin and player conditions, but none of them have any effect. I want to control what appears when LastFM is playing. For example, I want to change what info displays on an overlay when LastFM is playing.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please give us a specific example of what you are trying to do. There is no special player handling for last.fm anymore - it should just work as expected.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for the response RTV. Specifically, anything I add to videooverlaytop.xml automatically appears on overlays when LastFM is playing. Since musicoverlay also appears, I end up with double overlays.

Now before you ask why I want to use videooverlaytop, it is because when you put data in videooverlay it is overlaid by the videowindow so if you want a play indicator on the overlay (instead of beside) like in the Monochrome skin, it won't display properly, sometimes not at all. Videowindow always displays on top. My play indicators work perfectly when I use videooverlaytop and also in musicoverlay, just not in videooverlay. However, the result is that I get double overlay data from both audio and video on all streams (like Radio webstreams, RadioTime), not just LastFM.

I am guessing that MP treats streams as both audio and video which is why videooverlaytop is invoked when LastFM is playing. Is that correct? Imho if a stream is only audio, it should not be recognized by MP as video unless there is actually a video streaming. But perhaps that is not possible.

I hope that is clearer.

Also, I could not find a code to use for plugin.isenabled for LastFM. Is there one? One case would be to add a button on a musicmenu or option on BasicMenu only if the plugin is enabled.

Thanks a lot for any help or clarification if this is not possible.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My play indicators work perfectly when I use videooverlaytop and also in musicoverlay, just not in videooverlay. However, the result is that I get double overlay data from both audio and video on all streams (like Radio webstreams, RadioTime), not just LastFM.

Please ask Harley about this. I'd consider B3 rather broken in that regard but he used the videooverlay for both types on purpose (iirc because he uses a common action menu).
    Did you look at monochrome/indigo? It's overlays should be closer to what the code intends to display...

I am guessing that MP treats streams as both audio and video which is why videooverlaytop is invoked when LastFM is playing. Is that correct? Imho if a stream is only audio, it should not be recognized by MP as video unless there is actually a video streaming. But perhaps that is not possible.

hwahrmann might be able to comment on this topic. Iirc this is/was? a workaround to get visualizations to work.

Also, I could not find a code to use for plugin.isenabled for LastFM. Is there one? One case would be to add a button on a musicmenu or option on BasicMenu only if the plugin is enabled.

This will work for every plugin - just look at the MediaPortal.xml to make sure you're using the 100% correct plugin name.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Did you look at monochrome/indigo? It's overlays should be closer to what the code intends to display...

Yes monochrome/indigo has the same problem I mentioned that the play indicators do not always display correctly because they are in videoverlay not videooverlaytop, so the videowindow displays on top of the play indicators. They work fine in musicoverlay. I got the idea to use them from Monochrome/Indigo, but then I wanted them to always display correctly! I know it is only cosmetic, but I was hoping to get it all to work perfectly.

hwahrmann might be able to comment on this topic. Iirc this is/was? a workaround to get visualizations to work.

That makes sense to me because I also have a problem with visualizations in overlays. I tried to change them to have the music logo display in overlay even when Vis is turned on, but when I do then any window in which Vis is displayed like the MyTV window (or Now Playing if it has Vis turned on) or TV Preview, will leave the Vis on the screen, in whatever the last position was, no matter what window you navigate to. It stays on the screen until you navigate to a window that resets its position or conditionally turns off media playing. So in Blue3 Vis shows in the music overlay which prevents this behaviour.

This will work for every plugin - just look at the MediaPortal.xml to make sure you're using the 100% correct plugin name.

Great, found it "Last.fm Radio" thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom