[solved] Latest Media Handler - skinning buttons (1 Viewer)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I did not understand the question. If necessary, I need to see how it can be beautifully solved. To do this, find the time ... and ... probably something else ...

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I did not understand the question. If necessary, I need to see how it can be beautifully solved. To do this, find the time ... and ... probably something else ...

--

Yes. You've been very generous with your time.

I have been trying to get MP to show the scheduled recordings AND play recent recordings by click on LMH on the same screen.

I had two possible solutions, neither work:

Solution 1
    Start MP on BasicHome (35) with a panel of buttons showing upcoming recordings and be able to edit schedules from Basic Home (does not seem possible because edit shedules is a listcontrol (control ID 10) hard coded into screen 601 - tvschedules

Solution 2
    Start MP on 601 TvSchedules with Control ID 10 showing a list of schedules, and LMH allowing me to click on most recent recording.

Obviously I am having big problems with both ideas and it looks like I need a total rethink unless I can get :
    Either LMH to work on screen 601
    or
    Schedules editing dialog to work on 35
    or
    Find a way to make a play button for #LatestMediaHandler.tvrecordings.selected.title to work on any screen.

Thank you
    RH

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I can see why one badic home window is hard-wired, and try to remove this binding. then playback and context menu will work everywhere.

--

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    Try this ...

Thank you so much. Next time I will give you five loaves and two fishes because you seem to work miracles.

Early testing, this works on TV schedules perfectly. Right click brings up context menu perfectly too (show unwatched etc.)

I shall continue skinning the TV Schedules xml and post you the results to play with

Can't thank you enough
    RH

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    No problem :) but i dont use TV :)

--

Ah well, I still keep my promises. You may find something of interest in here.

MPStartIt is the plug in I use to start MP on screen 601

In here you will find a customised TV Schedules screen (601) which I use as my home screen, customised Video screen which looks for custom artwork inside the Video folder as well as database fanart, a customised top bar on the Schedules screen as the first step in my concept for top bars tailored to the screen you are on. I've included examples of the folder structures I use for my videos.

The Basic Home (35) screen works but is unfinished.

Thanks for your help. I wouldn't have got this far without it.

RH

Attachments

• MPStartIt.0.5.0.13.mpe1
      11.6 KB
    • Extended One.zip
      668.2 KB
    • Folder structure 1.zip
      805.1 KB
    • Folder structure 2.zip
      1.4 MB

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    MPStartIt is the plug in I use to start MP on screen 601
    I like Basic Home screen in my Theme for Titan :) ... It’s comfortable and beautiful, and I like support for holiday, spotlight, updates (new) in LMH elements and etc. :)

In here you will find a customised TV Schedules
    I dont have TV Card in my Server, Internet TV through Media Portal doesn’t work for me :( . If I want to watch TV, I just turn on the TV in the old way. :) :whistle::coffee:

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    I like Basic Home screen in my Theme for Titan :) ... It’s comfortable and beautiful, and I like support for holiday, spotlight, updates (new) in LMH elements and etc. :)

I dont have TV Card in my Server, Internet TV through Media Portal doesn’t work for me :( . If I want to watch TV, I just turn on the TV in the old way. :) :whistle::coffee:

Yes I thought you and others might be interested in the logic I have used in some of the controls though. I am feeling rather smug with myself about the arrows on the left and right hand side of the LatestMH thumbnail on screen 601 for example ;) and the visibility condition

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom