Launch file after import run (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, is it possible to launch an external file after an import run completes?

I routinely have to run a tool to go through the database and change all the US grabbed certs and convert them into UK certs. It would be nice if I could fire it after every import run..

EDIT: Or even just execute a user defined SQL statement?

Thanks

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Why don't you handle it at import? What scraper script do u use?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yeah, I handle UK certs with IMDb+, but you might want to run a certain way not supported yet. In that case eleborate and I can add an extra setting to IMDb+ if need be. Changes are some setting might be misconfigured though.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    OK, the settings weren't correct. Let me see how it runs again to see if there are issues. I know this isn't the imdb+ forum but - when are these plugin settings cleared? Have I forgotten to do it after a full reinstall (I forget whether I upgraded or cold installed) or does a scraper script update clear these settings?

Thanks Rochess

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The IMDb+ settings are stored in the "Options IMDb+ Scraper.xml" file, which is stored in the "IMDb+" folder inside your MediaPortal "User Files" (shortcut available inside Team MediaPortal start menu/screen). Direct location on Vista+ would be:" C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\IMDb+\Options IMDb+ Scraper.xml"

A fresh install creates a fresh options file with default settings, so perhaps you forgot to restore the one u rely on. Another reason the file does not get used is when MovPic freaks out and does not update the scraper script correctly. By default the scraper script refers to "C:\Options IMDb+ Scraper.xml", however a new option was added to MovPic per my request to allow a $var option for the "user files" location, so I can update the default location to use that, so that the IMDb+ plugin no longer needs to update the path. The problem is that I need to also update the IMDb+ plugin then and my time to work on that has been pretty much zero.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hey Rochess. A fresh install of the plugin? What happens on a scraper update, do the existing settings remain?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yes, the XML that keeps track of the settings is never touched when the IMDb+ plugin updates the IMDb+ scraper-script.

But on a fresh install you are back to default settings.

The main bug that still exists, and have not been able to reproduce it consistently to attempt to fix it, is that in some situations a MovPic update will cause MovPic to point to a wrong entry in the <scripts> table and use an older/incorrect version of the IMDb+ scraper-script, in some cases one that has not been adjusted correctly to use the correct XML settings file, causing it to revert to incorrect default settings. It is however easy to fix manually, and it is also easy to verify if that is the case for you by checking what version of IMDb+ scraper-script IMDb+ plugin or MovPic reports as being used (and ensure it matches the latest version as specified in the Google Code changelog/tracker, or the MePo forum thread title).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom