Codecs Lav filters now support DXVA2 (1 Viewer)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
d3cadent said:
When switching to DXVA2 Native mode, then Video Engine Load drops to 0% and CPU load increases considerably. That's normal I guess.
Hmm, I don't think CPU usage shouldn't really change with DXVA2 vs CUVID, if anything CPU usage would be lower in DXVA2 mode. The parts of the GPU that are being used will change beween the two though.

Dunno what could be causing the stuttering if the CPU usage and GPU usage doesn't spike or anything. :/

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    d3cadent said:
    When switching to DXVA2 Native mode, then Video Engine Load drops to 0% and CPU load increases considerably. That's normal I guess.

It's not using the hardware video decoder if that's happening i.e. it's probably falling back to software decoding.

Re. the stuttering - is the screen refresh rate the same as the video frame rate ?

Some logs and a screen cap with the render stats displayed (shift+1) would be useful....

Tony

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    I'm hoping maybe I can get some help in this thread, since there seem to be some LAV guru's here!

I'm using SAF609 (but have also tried the latest 0.51 LAV filters)

The following is my problem!

I wonder if you can help me to troubleshoot an issue I am having?

I want to use LAV with CUVID hardware acceleration, and i bought a GT430 passive for the purpose.

I run Mediaportal in single seat and also a second client. I use LAV for movies, and PDVD12 for live tv.

If I play a movie in the living room (single seat) using LAV codec, then the live tv stream to the client, and any tv recordings on the single seat break up and pixellate.

I did some troubleshooting and determined that the problem only exists if I have CUVID hardware acceleration switched on. Not sure why this could be?

Any idea how to troubleshoot this? I'm using Windows 7 and the tesla (276.52 I think) drivers, although have also tried the latest normal Nvidia drivers and have the same problem.

It's baffling me!

Airshark

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2007
    Baden- Württemberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a problem with my ATI 6450. If i select Vector Adaptive Deinterlacing, the quality is really good. Perfect picture when deinterlacing is taking place. But after a restart, the Slider in the CCC resets itself again to Bob Deinterlacing which is very shitty! Currently I use the PowerDVD Codec from the SAF package.

Do you have any idea how to solve the problem? Driving me real crazy this AMD card.. Thx!

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You could try an older CCC version. Google for this specific bug might give you an idea when this problem was created in ccc.

Airshark

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2007
    Baden- Württemberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well i searched for the problem in the internet, in forums and so on... but i couldnt find a solution or a version of ccc which finaly works. U have any idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom