LAVFilter Plugin cannot be updated (MP1.23) (1 Viewer)

Terra

Portal Pro
August 25, 2009
Austria Austria
Country flag
This is an issue I have since a long time ago and according to the forums more people have this issue and it seems not solved since 2018.
I want to bring this to attention again as I think this is not a good impression for new users of a Media Center Solution if codec install fails.

For me it is not possible to update LAV Filters in MPEI, it shows as updateable but after the package was downloaded the update fails with the message "Invalid Update Information ! Update aborted!"
I have logs attached but I think they do not include anything related to MPEI.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-06 um 14.17.22.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-06 um 14.10.22.png

When uninstalling LAV Filters in MPEI and then reinstalling it again I get the following error, but it can install.
However afterwards it again shows as updateable and then it fails again like described before.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-06 um 14.09.52.png

Attachments

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    United States of America United States of America
    Country flag
    I noticed that too. I think it might have worked within the Extentions plugin in MP. The update seemed to download and install during restart. I'll have to verify the version.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Lanzarote
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    @2BitSculptor OT
    Hi old friend, nice to see you back ;)
    Hope all is ok with you and your family ;)
    Best regards!

Gesendet von meinem CMR-W09 mit Tapatalk

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Austria Austria
    Country flag
    I downloaded the LAVFilters0.74.1.mpe1 from the repository LAV Filters. I executed the file and it installed properly.
    I did that too, but the issue is still that MPEI, the official MP tool to install such plugins, is not working properly in this case.
    As written in the first post it gives a bad experience for new and existing users, LAVFilters is an essential plugin and it's even part of the standard installation routine.

Please don't see this as nitpicking, I used MP even before version 1.0 was existing almost daily but, even though this might not seem like a big issue, it is bad for the user experience as this update process is broken for everybody who installs MP1 and the Update icon appears for everybody who installs even the new version 1.23.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    framug LAVFilter 0.74.1 incorrect version Skins and Plugins Installer (MPEI) 8
    joEhSuper LAVFilter 0.70.2.0 Update error Skins and Plugins Installer (MPEI) 5
    joecrow 1.25.0 Radio Time plugin fails after Resume from Sleep with MP 1.25 Bugreports 3
    P MP2: US user, OTA - can NOT get SchedulesDirect plugin to work on MP1 or MP2 --> how do I get OTA schedule? General 5
    E aktuelle englische Forums Webseite von - Showtime Plugin v3 Plugins & Erweiterungen 4
    mrmojo666 [Tv Server Plugin ]Direct Show Video Control Plugin 0.0.0.1 for Hauppauge PVR cards MediaPortal 1 Plugins 0
    joecrow MultiShortcut Plugin (Uavailable) in DWHD skin General Support 58
    vapourEyes Building TV Plugin General Development (no feature request here!) 49
    Golf4 Nach Windows-Updates läuft TV-Plugin nicht mehr Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    joecrow How about a Launcher plugin for MP1? MediaPortal 1 6
    D [solved] TVServer Plugin must be missing something. General Development (no feature request here!) 1
    framug Nouveau plugin XmlTvFR pour récupérer le guide télé français Kazer / ZguideTv (WebEPGfr) 11
    emphatic Allow remote control mapping of all plugins Improvement Suggestions 0
    D Where should plugins be located on hard drive? General Support 0
    D how to disengage from one version of a plugin to use another Newcomers Forum 0
    cbr954rr How to disable a pre-configured plugin? General 2
    mrmojo666 [Plugin]Marantz Control Plugin 0.0.0.2 MediaPortal 1 Plugins 2
    mrmojo666 beginner: trying to write a plugin, need help to catch event General Development (no feature request here!) 3
    framug [Rejected] Fix PowerScheduler plugin for MP2 single seat Submit: Code Patches 9
    doskabouter [Question] Stale plugins Developer Discussions 9
    M MP1 stops responding after Starting Plugins General Support 14
    L Mediaportal 1.21 and Windows 10: user schedules de-activated when powerscheduler plugin is selected General Support 1
    C Can the XmlTv Plugin handle 600+ channels? General 3
    M Online Video Plugin V.2.32 keine Installtion unter MediaPortal 1.22 ? TV / Streaming 3
    emphatic Pictures in the cloud - would a plugin be possible for services like Google Photos MediaPortal 1 Plugins 1