LAVFilter Plugin cannot be updated (MP1.23) (1 Viewer)

Terra

Portal Pro
August 25, 2009
Home Country
Austria Austria
Country flag
This is an issue I have since a long time ago and according to the forums more people have this issue and it seems not solved since 2018.
I want to bring this to attention again as I think this is not a good impression for new users of a Media Center Solution if codec install fails.

For me it is not possible to update LAV Filters in MPEI, it shows as updateable but after the package was downloaded the update fails with the message "Invalid Update Information ! Update aborted!"
I have logs attached but I think they do not include anything related to MPEI.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-06 um 14.17.22.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-06 um 14.10.22.png

When uninstalling LAV Filters in MPEI and then reinstalling it again I get the following error, but it can install.
However afterwards it again shows as updateable and then it fails again like described before.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-06 um 14.09.52.png

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_06_10_19__14_21_MPEI.zip
    132.5 KB · Views: 9

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Country flag
    I noticed that too. I think it might have worked within the Extentions plugin in MP. The update seemed to download and install during restart. I'll have to verify the version.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Lanzarote
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    @2BitSculptor OT
    Hi old friend, nice to see you back ;)
    Hope all is ok with you and your family ;)
    Best regards!

Gesendet von meinem CMR-W09 mit Tapatalk

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Country flag
    I downloaded the LAVFilters0.74.1.mpe1 from the repository LAV Filters. I executed the file and it installed properly.
    I did that too, but the issue is still that MPEI, the official MP tool to install such plugins, is not working properly in this case.
    As written in the first post it gives a bad experience for new and existing users, LAVFilters is an essential plugin and it's even part of the standard installation routine.

Please don't see this as nitpicking, I used MP even before version 1.0 was existing almost daily but, even though this might not seem like a big issue, it is bad for the user experience as this update process is broken for everybody who installs MP1 and the Update icon appears for everybody who installs even the new version 1.23.

Users who are viewing this thread