LCD plugin, programmer needed. (1 Viewer)

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
London, UK
jf2020 said:
The interesting part here is that according to the documentation, plugins can cause actions to happen by placing a $dll command in the condition part of an action. I tink that this is the way to display a specific screen when MP plays something.

Thanks for the pointer. I'll have a go at getting it to work. I was just about giving up on LCDSmartie, but if this works I'll probably stick with it.

EDIT: I've not been able to get this to work. I just tried using the demo.dll and testing the result from this, but it doesn't seem to trigger any action. Do you have any examples of this working ?

JoeDalton

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 27, 2004
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I'm also working on an LCD plugin for MediaPortal (more info here http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5674.

It currently only supports a 2x16 HD44780 display attached to LPT1, but it is designed to support other display types in the future too.

I was able to control the display without external software (like LCDSmartie and others). I send the commands directly to the printer port (using an external DLL)

AllenConquest
    Maybe we can join forces?

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2005
    London, UK
    JoeDalton

I was going to output direct to the display as well, but several people asked that I use LCDSmartie. Either because they don't have parallel displays, or because they don't use their machine exclusively for MP and therefore can't use MP to drive their VFD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom