"Light Edition" of Media Portal (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

It would be very fine to use Media Portal on an older PC (i.e.: PIII 700).
A slower PC would be fast enought to decode most Video formats, play Audio and record Videos in low quality.

So it would be nice to have a "Light Edition" of MediaProtal with lower System Requirements.

reguards aragorn281

hakuna

Portal Pro
October 15, 2004
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
aragorn281 said:
It would be very fine to use Media Portal on an older PC (i.e.: PIII 700).

I'm running MP fine with my PII 600 after I upgraded gfx to a FX5200. Have no tv card.
DVD is still not smooth, but xvids and svcds is sweet! /Niclas

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Good job, nice release as usual (y)
Good job, nice release as usual (y)
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.4 MediaPortal 2.4 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
Replies
Views
Many thanks for your fast response. Hopefully I'll get to work through these items in the next few days. Kind regards.
Many thanks for your fast response. Hopefully I'll get to work through these items in the next few days. Kind regards.
Hi, I'm new to the world of HTPC and Media Portal but I've decided to give it a go since my Pioneer DVR-LX60D PVR failed and is...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 New to Media Portal DE
Thank you for the reply. It looks like a codec mess. the LAV audio decoder / playback has a -350 delay on the audio on one set of channels and is +150 on the others lol. Thats so strange! I didn't have time to mess with it much yesterday but I was able to see where the problems are more. Updated drivers for AMD Radeon V5800 but...
Thank you for the reply. It looks like a codec mess. the LAV audio decoder / playback has a -350 delay on the audio on one set of...
Hello Media Portal people! I was running windows 7 box with Silicone Dust tuner & WMC. Worked great for many years. I tried KODI...
Replies
Views
Oh ye of little faith .... I downloaded MediaPortalSetup_1.18.0_Final and Its working fine thanks :-)
Oh ye of little faith .... I downloaded MediaPortalSetup_1.18.0_Final and Its working fine thanks :-)
Hi all and merry xmas :-) Guess some of you are still nursing hangovers, but if any of the panel have a moment to look at this I...
Replies
Views
Updated with the guide to install an Intel HDMI audio Device that can stream 192kHz/24bit. If you have any question, feel free to reply here.
Updated with the guide to install an Intel HDMI audio Device that can stream 192kHz/24bit. If you have any question, feel free to...
I switched to MePo 2 with the release of MePo 2.1.1, and in the last months I focused on learning the program and fine tuning it...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom