Linking/Promoting Media Portal (1 Viewer)

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Samsonite said:
    When your media matters :)

Hard to translate to german in a short line.

But I think your inspiration is right. We need localizations, otherwise people might think this is an english (only) software.

O.K. For German here we go. Translating some of your inspirations in the same order:

1. Wussten Sie, dass 9 von 10 Ärzten MediaPortal empfehlen?
    or shorter:
    9 von 10 Ärzten empfehlen MediaPortal!

2. Diese Software wurde von meiner Frau freigegeben.

3. WARNUNG: Diese Software macht süchtig!

Not very creative to translate your slogans I must admit. They all work good in german, too.

Looking forward to some swedish :) (samsonite), dutch, french, italian, etc proposals.

tomtom21000

A

Anonymous

tomtom21000 said:
    Samsonite said:
    When your media matters :)

Hard to translate to german in a short line.

But I think your inspiration is right. We need localizations, otherwise people might think this is an english (only) software.

O.K. For German here we go. Translating some of your inspirations in the same order:

1. Wussten Sie, dass 9 von 10 Ärzten MediaPortal empfehlen?
    or shorter:
    9 von 10 Ärzten empfehlen MediaPortal!

2. Diese Software wurde von meiner Frau freigegeben.

3. WARNUNG: Diese Software macht süchtig!

Not very creative to translate your slogans I must admit. They all work good in german, too.

Looking forward to some swedish :) (samsonite), dutch, french, italian, etc proposals.

tomtom21000

I will do some new tomorrow. If you have any things to say in your local language then post it in this thread and I will make the banners :)

Mars Warrior

Portal Pro
    August 26, 2004
    Airy Crater, Mars
    Home Country
    We seem to make progress:
    And here are some stats (how many that links to the site) to beat, here are the number of links for MP (20 hits) vs. Meedio (132 hits):

As a new search in Google says:
    - Links to MP: 28 (+40%)
    - Links to Meedio: 62 (-53%)

But where did all the other links to Meedio go to ?? Did someone of us threaten some sites to ban them from the MP list or were they so flabbergasted with MP that they removed the link :wink:

A

Anonymous

I just saw that the linking to mediaportal.sourceforge.net has increased from 20 -> 28. It is on the right track :)

Some of the hits belongs to members of the forum and that is really nice. If you have a website link mediaportal and help us build one heck of a future for this nice application :)

A

Anonymous

Samsonite, can I get the font that you use for banners so I can write something in croatian for my web site?

A

Anonymous

ray said:
    Samsonite, can I get the font that you use for banners so I can write something in croatian for my web site?

Ah, good for me that I picked a common one :) it is arial :)

Please post your banner when you are done so that we can include it in the banner section :)

You could wtite something like:
    Almost as good as Janica Kostelic! ;)

A

Anonymous

nice banners samsonite, but you should really change the following:
    better then sex -> better than sex

;)

jadz

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2004
    Canada
    moonlord said:
    nice banners samsonite, but you should really change the following:
    better then sex -> better than sex

Or change it it to better, then sex. Indicating that the Dev's will make the application better, then have sex.

Life is all about priorities.

Engineers_future.sized.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom