Codecs Lipsync error after pausing video/tv (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
Just updated to MP1.3 and have noticed that if I pause live tv or video content the lipsync will drop off (gets worse the longer it's been paused). If I then skip back 15 seconds the lipstick will be fine again.

I've tried a few different audio codecs but still get the same result, so can only think that it's MP audio render that's the problem? I absolutely have to use this renderer as it gives the smoothest video playback due to the way it corrects framerates.

Any ideas?

Glith

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Country flag
Just updated to MP1.3 and have noticed that if I pause live tv or video content the lipsync will drop off (gets worse the longer it's been paused). If I then skip back 15 seconds the lipstick will be fine again.

I've tried a few different audio codecs but still get the same result, so can only think that it's MP audio render that's the problem? I absolutely have to use this renderer as it gives the smoothest video playback due to the way it corrects framerates.

Any ideas?
I recently started to experience this problem in 1.22

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have asked a couple of times to have the default for that setting to be set disabled, but clearly it is not a problem for everyone and perhaps there are negative implications though I have never experienced any. I and a couple of others had this and reported it on the upgrade to MP 1.21 and there have been a handful of incidences...
I have asked a couple of times to have the default for that setting to be set disabled, but clearly it is not a problem for...
I'm having a strange one here ... it seems to have started after getting a new Sony 4k TV, and manifests itself by refusing to...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late response. In my experience, the EPG grabbing of a single transponder takes 2 to 3 minutes. Afterwards it takes 1 to 2 minutes to write the data to disk. To speed up the EPG stuff (not only writing but also reading the EPG guide in MediaPortal), I changed the program table (and only that table) from InnoDB to...
Sorry for the late response. In my experience, the EPG grabbing of a single transponder takes 2 to 3 minutes. Afterwards it takes...
I get a few "Continuity error..." after the EPG scan finished: [2021-01-30 18:56:10,278] [4c45530] [18c8] - mhw reset [2021-01-30...
Replies
Views
Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as a dedicated opto-electronic calibrator but it's more than adequate for this application and much better than trying to do things by eye (even when the lack of sync is massively obvious, subjective...
Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon. I realized I never got back to posting the solution I found. Basically, I think I broke this on my own. I had made some registry changes to attempt to increase the video quality, which ended up not being supported by Kodi. Attached is a screenshot of what my final (working) settings are, just in case anyone else...
Good afternoon. I realized I never got back to posting the solution I found. Basically, I think I broke this on my own. I had...
Good morning. Back a few months ago, I replaced my original HTPC with updated hardware. I have a few Hauppauge ATSC tuners I'm...
Replies
Views
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom