ListeningTo - Send your music infos to MirandaIM or Skype (1 Viewer)

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mim_logo.gif
    <--
    MP_Icon.png
    -->
    skype_webclip.png

Note: It is doing here what it should. I do not have much time currently to improve it or add new features.

This plugin is able to send your currently played music as ListeningTo infos to IM Messangers.
    During listening to music, the artist and track infos can be set to your status messages.

Supported Messenger:
    • MirandaIM
    It also includes a Repeater.
    This way you can run MP on one and MirandaIM on an other pc. The plugin is able to send the data over the network to the repeater. The repeate then sets the ListeningTo infos to MirandaIM.

Installation:
    Since MediaPortal 1.1.0 you simply can install the extension using the extension installer.

The "ListeningTo Repeater.exe" is installed to MediaPortal install directory. You can copy it to any place you want.

regards
    chefkoch

[IMGLINK]https://www.team-mediaportal.com/images/stories/homepageV3/MosTree/download4.png[/IMGLINK]

Changelog:
    [COLLAPSE]
    • v0.5
      • added MP 1.2 beta compatibility
      • fixed: Length is bad formatted, 5:08 is displayed as 5:8
      • removed obsolete / duplicated TestData code
      • fixed: repeater config window has no icon
    • v0.4
      • added: configuration for ListeningToRepeater
      • added: option to set ListeningTo info to Skype
      • reworked: many code restructuring, split and simplified code
      • reworked: automatically get version from dll and use it for MPE1 build
    • v0.3
      • fixed: unicode characters where not encoded / decoded correctly
    • v0.2
      • fixed: repeater is not closed correctly, task manager is needed
      • fixed: plugin image in configuration is not displayed
      • fixed: repeater debug window does not scroll to end when new entries are added
      • reworked configuration
        • disabled missing features
        • added tooltips
        • added test button for sending infos over network
      • fixed: when using computer name an exception about invalid IP address was thrown
    • v0.1
      • initial release of the plugin
      • Repeater included to send info over network (i.e.: MP on htpc and MirandaIM on Laptop)
    [/COLLAPSE]

Known issues (maybe todo ;) ):
    [COLLAPSE]
    • rework the configurations
      • small visual glitch in repeater settings: button "Apply" is always active, even if nothing was changed.
      • common Look'n'Feel for plugin and repeater configuration
    • support for more media type (video: myvideo, moving pictures, tvseries; known, but low priority tv, radio?)
    • list for blacklisting paths, or parts of paths to prevent to post them to messengers
    [/COLLAPSE]

Release archive:
    SourceForge.net Repository - [mp-plugins] Index of /trunk/plugins/ListeningTo/releases

Source code:

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Re: ListeningTo - Send your music infos to MirandaIM

can't get it working.
    what i did:
    1. closed MP.
    2. installed this plugin on my HTPC with MP
    3. configured via MPConfig-plugins-ListeningTo: videos, TV, music and radio checked. also "send to miranda" checked, and "send to other PC" checked, and selected name of my PC with miranda from dropdown.
    4. started MP
    5. copied Repeater to my PC with miranda and started it.
    6. started miranda.
    7. started video in MP
    and nothing happened. opened debug log in repeater (on Miranda PC) - it remains empty during all manipulations in MP.
    I am using Miranda 0.10 and plugins ListeningTo and Watrack.
    is there anythig else that have to be done for this to run?
    how this plugin sends information to miranda?

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: ListeningTo - Send your music infos to MirandaIM

can't get it working.
    what i did:
    1. closed MP.
    2. installed this plugin on my HTPC with MP
    3. configured via MPConfig-plugins-ListeningTo: videos, TV, music and radio checked. also "send to miranda" checked, and "send to other PC" checked, and selected name of my PC with miranda from dropdown.
    4. started MP
    5. copied Repeater to my PC with miranda and started it.
    6. started miranda.
    7. started video in MP
    and nothing happened. opened debug log in repeater (on Miranda PC) - it remains empty during all manipulations in MP.
    I am using Miranda 0.10 and plugins ListeningTo and Watrack.
    is there anythig else that have to be done for this to run?
    how this plugin sends information to miranda?
    It's currently (should be ;) ) working only with music. I totally forgot the options I already added to the config. The plugin needs still some work.

I am not sure when I will get the video part done, as I would like to get infos from tvseries and moving pictures plugin, too.
    I will try to write some documentation and to rework the configuration next days.

cheers
    Tommy

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country

now even music doesn't work remotely
    in MP log there are following errors:

Code:
    2010-10-29 21:23:03.069000 [ERROR][(22)]: Exception   :System.FormatException: An invalid IP address was specified.
       at System.Net.IPAddress.InternalParse(String ipString, Boolean tryParse)
       at System.Net.IPAddress.Parse(String ipString)
       at ListeningTo.ListeningTo.SendToOtherPC(Object param)
    2010-10-29 21:23:03.071000 [ERROR][(22)]: Exception   :An invalid IP address was specified.
    2010-10-29 21:23:03.072000 [ERROR][(22)]:   site      :System.Net.IPAddress InternalParse(System.String, Boolean)
    2010-10-29 21:23:03.074000 [ERROR][(22)]:   source    :System
    2010-10-29 21:23:03.076000 [ERROR][(22)]:   stacktrace:   at System.Net.IPAddress.InternalParse(String ipString, Boolean tryParse)
    and in the plugin settings there is only host name to select

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

in MP log there are following errors:

Code:
    2010-10-29 21:23:03.069000 [ERROR][(22)]: Exception   :System.FormatException: An invalid IP address was specified.
       at System.Net.IPAddress.InternalParse(String ipString, Boolean tryParse)
    2010-10-29 21:23:03.071000 [ERROR][(22)]: Exception   :An invalid IP address was specified.
    2010-10-29 21:23:03.072000 [ERROR][(22)]:   site      :System.Net.IPAddress InternalParse(System.String, Boolean)
    2010-10-29 21:23:03.074000 [ERROR][(22)]:   source    :System
    2010-10-29 21:23:03.076000 [ERROR][(22)]:   stacktrace:   at System.Net.IPAddress.InternalParse(String ipString, Boolean tryParse)
    I wrote the ip address in the combobox, but this is fixed now. The computer's name or it's ipaddress can be used.

and in the plugin settings there is only host name to select
    It only displays the computers which are currently available. If not, the write it manually into the combobox.

New version is available for download.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country

thanks. now v02 works with host name and remote miranda.
    BUT: i have lot of tracks with tags not in default codepage, and all these chars are substituted with question marks

Code:
    1\0MediaPortal\0Music\0Schwule M?dchen\0Fettes Brot\0Demo Tape\00\02001\0Blues\0209\0\0\0
    1\0MediaPortal\0Music\0??????\0??? & ?\0????????? ????\01\01996\0Rock\0250\0\0\0
    and same question marks are shown in miranda.
    I guess your plugin doesn't support unicode at all ( though we have 2010 and MS windows have unicode OSes since 1995) :p
    Do you plan to make unicode support for your plugin?
    Miranda/ListeningTo plugin does support unicode (tested it locally with winamp and same tracks).

Anyway - thanks for your effort, as it now works at least with english tags.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

thanks. now v02 works with host name and remote miranda.
    BUT: i have lot of tracks with tags not in default codepage, and all these chars are substituted with question marks

Code:
    1\0MediaPortal\0Music\0Schwule M?dchen\0Fettes Brot\0Demo Tape\00\02001\0Blues\0209\0\0\0
    1\0MediaPortal\0Music\0??????\0??? & ?\0????????? ????\01\01996\0Rock\0250\0\0\0
    and same question marks are shown in miranda.
    I guess your plugin doesn't support unicode at all ( though we have 2010 and MS windows have unicode OSes since 1995) :p
    Do you plan to make unicode support for your plugin?
    Miranda/ListeningTo plugin does support unicode (tested it locally with winamp and same tracks).

Anyway - thanks for your effort, as it now works at least with english tags.
    :D for your feedback.

I used the easiest code I found for sending data between 2 apps on different computers.
    But the fix was easy ;) I changed ASCIIEncoding to UnicodeEncoding when converting it to / from bytes ;)

So it should work now. Updated to v3.

BTW: Did you tried updating the plugin through MPE installer? would be cool to get feedback if it is working.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Re: ListeningTo - Send your music infos to MirandaIM

v3 transfers unicode correctly
    Repeater:
    Code:
    1\0MediaPortal\0Music\0TestUnicode яйЁюΨξθβΞΩאשב title\0яйЁюΨξθβΞΩאשב artist\0яйЁюΨξθβΞΩאשב album\00\02010\0Pop\0210\0\0\0
    Miranda jabber:
    Code:
    Listening To (яйЁюΨξθβΞΩאשב artist - TestUnicode яйЁюΨξθβΞΩאשב title)
    so plugin is quite usable now. Thanks again

BTW: Did you tried updating the plugin through MPE installer? would be cool to get feedback if it is working.
    no, mpe haven't found an update. so i updated it manually

next step is support of video and tv :)

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: ListeningTo - Send your music infos to MirandaIM

uploaded v4:

added skype support (in repeater only for now, to add it to the plugin for MP+Skype-on-same-machine mode is no big deal, will be done later).
    many reworks, refactoring....: Using serialized objects for transfer over network instead of static string, allows easier adding of new infos / more infos for transfer.
    Hopefully I did not break anything. :confused:

The video features still have to wait, sorry, but I think with the music part we already can have fun. :) and spent I more time than I wanted/have currently ;)

cheers
    Tommy

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Hi Tommy,
    i am understand that you do all this stuff in your free time, and see no problem to use your plugin for music. Thanks again.
    bUt i will continue to post my suggestions for this plugin here, and you can comment them when you have free time to develop plugin further.

1. ListeningTo plugin for Miranda supports variables to customize listeningTo string. Right now 4 fields are not used by your plugin:
    Code:
    Listening To (artist=Coldplay title=What If length=00:04:57 album=X&Y track=2 year=<none> type=<none> genre=<none> player=<none>)
    so you don't send year, type, genre and player, though this information is available in repeater.
    2. small visual glitch in repeater settings: button "Apply" is always active, even if nothing was changed.
    3. as i understood from source code, now the configuration for repeater is saved in MP folder. As i have no MP installed on remote PC, i would prefer to have config file in the same folder where repeater is. This for sure can be problematic when repeater is located in program files folder and started as user not having write permissions to program files folder. So one of solutions could be command line parameter to override default appdata location of config xml.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom