Little review of the Hauppauge HVR-1975 (3 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes, this logs were produced with MP1 and for this test a have used the dvb-t tuner. I was always thinking that it makes not difference which part of the hvr-1975 (dvb-t or dvb-c) I'm testing?
    It may not make any difference which part you're testing... but it is important not to test both parts at once. Testing includes loading.

I've looked again at the settings of TVE 3 (MP1) and saw that there is a "Pause" option (see screenshot). After selecting it, I get the same effect as with TVE 3.5 :)
    I suppose that this is the same option as "AlwaysOn" in TVE 3.5? I didn't test this option previously, because your wrote:
    mm1352000 said: ↑
    You could try to preload the tuner as a workaround
    You didn't mention this "Pause" option, or have I misunderstood you? :oops:
    Pause is not the same as AlwaysOn. In fact you will see that TVE 3.5 has both.
    AlwaysOn will be better because it will remove the delay from the first tune. Pause can't do that.

Fresa

Portal Member
    November 11, 2010
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It's quite an old thread, but do you have any more thoughts after using it a couple of years?

I use the TerraTec H7 (before Rev.4) on Windows 7 with a ~7 year old HW setup running Windows 7 with MediaPortal 1.2.3. It's getting old and slow, so I upgraded to NUC7I7BNH, which unfortunately only supports Windows 10. TerraTec has a driver for Windows 10 newly released, but it seem to be only for the newer Rev.4, which MediaPortal does not support.

Hence, I need a new tuner supporting DVB-C, Windows 10 and MediaPortal, which means there are not much to choose among :)

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Hi,
    I'm not using it at the moment, but it was working well all the time. Then I switched to the WinTV-dualHD, which was also working without problems on win7. After upgrading to win10 I saw occasional BSOD related to the tuner. I don't know whose fault it was, windows or hauppage (dirver). Since few months I'm not using LiveTV at all, I need to upgrade my HTPC to a HEVEC capable ;)

There is a newer driver version available, which might solve my BSOD issues. The creators update is also available for windows, which also could address my issues. None of them I can verify now, sorry.

In general in can recommend hauppauge tuners, I had few in the past years and they were working good.

BTW: There is also a one tuner version available WinTV-SoloHD. Both can be used with DVB-T/T2 and DVB-C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom