Live TV buffers (1 Viewer)

waynenz

Portal Member
March 28, 2017
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Is it possible to have more than 1 live TV channel buffering at the same time. I would like to be able to be able to swap between live tv buffers without losing buffer. This would give the same functions as a Tivo. Could this be achieved by modifying a skin or would it require TVserver modifications.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is it possible to have more than 1 live TV channel buffering at the same time.
    No, I'm pretty sure that's not possible.
    About the closest you could get would be to record multiple channels, switch between the recordings (which gives you full access to the recorded portion), then throw away the recordings afterwards.

Timberwolf99

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    On the buffer side of things, yeah only one buffer but if you record an existing program that's in the buffer you still don't get the buffer, one of the guys on here has developed an extractor that is in the testing phase and needs testers before completion if you would like to help with testing it's called tsbufferextractor.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    No, I'm pretty sure that's not possible.
    About the closest you could get would be to record multiple channels, switch between the recordings (which gives you full access to the recorded portion), then throw away the recordings afterwards.
    I can with my custom TVE using placeshift feature. [emoji2]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom