Live TV Guide Preview Feature (1 Viewer)

sab-to-go

Portal Pro
October 18, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
in mp tv guide there is a preview window, but as far as i can tell its doesnt really do anything in the tv guide area.

can we get the preview window in tv guide to show for each channel before actually going fully into it? eg i select a tv channel in epg it shows in preview(but does not go into channel) then i select another tv channel to show its preview and so on, then when ready press button or back and it goes into that channel showing in preview?

so it would require a user to scroll through the tv guide selecting tv shows with ok/enter, preview starts. then select another show preview starts and so on. then when ready press a button/back and it goes full screen on that channel that was last selected.

thanks

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The preview window is actually a window showing the currently playing media.

sab-to-go

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ok thank you for the info? maybe i posted this in the wrong area. i was hoping/trying to ask if we can have this feature in MP2?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The current video (Live tv channel) plays in background. It's only a question of the skin to show the "preview" also in a smaller window in foreground.

sab-to-go

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ok? so are you saying its a feature that can be put into MP2 but its skin based feature?

also sorry to ask here but are they any instruction on how to get live tv working in MP2-Setup-Alpha-2?
    i have tried installing the alpha2 and the slimtv-native(from https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mp2-alpha-2-pre-release-testing.119416/) i have copied the files.
    restart service
    then run the setuptv
    in mediaportal client there is no "TV" part, how do you get into TV area?
    again sorry to ask you here.
    thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom