LiveDriveIR Plugin (1 Viewer)

kaburke

Portal Pro
March 4, 2005
Alberta, Canada
LiveDriveIR as described here, no longer exists. Its functionality has been taken over by LegacyLiveDriveIR.

In the (hopefully not too distant) future, LiveDriveIR will be rewritten to use the InputMapper system included in MediaPortal.

LiveDriveIR listens to the IR receiver on any LiveDriveIR (or Audigy Drive, etc.), and passes any events received to InputDeviceMapper. This plugin works by passing any System Exclusive (sysex) messages it receives on a given MIDI device on to InputDeviceMapper. For those who don't know, the LiveDriveIRs sends any signal their IR receivers pick up as Sysex messages on a MIDI device. The result is that this plugins turns the LiveDriveIR into a generic IR remote reciever. A receiver that, in conjunction with InputDeviceMapper, can control MediaPortal with any IR remote.

By itself LiveDriveIR does not "do" anything, but, when used in conjunction with InputDeviceMapper, it becomes a powerful means of controlling MediaPortal.

Information on InputDeviceMapper can be found here.

Version 0.2.1 of LiveDriveIR has now been uploaded. This version incorporates a namespace change in MediaPortal 0.1.2.0. In short, v0.2.1 is for use with MediaPortal 0.1.2.0 or later, and requires InputDeviceMapper v0.4.5 or later. See the ChangeLog for details.

The latest version is available here.

A

Anonymous

Kaburke ,,,sorry if this sounds like a stupid newbie question ,, but how / where do you install your plugins for the remote control ,,,,livedriveir and input device mapper??

I've been trying to find out about these and the usbremoteir plugin.

Thanks ,gord

kaburke

Portal Pro
March 4, 2005
Alberta, Canada
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Newbies are always allowed to ask questions - how else do you stop being a newbie?

My apologies if the Installation instructions that come with LiveDriveIR aren't clear. I'll try to be explicit in this post. (Note: I'm going to assume you want the latest version of MediaPortal as of the date of this post. I'm also assuming that you don't want to do any development - you're just trying to use the application.)

Things you'll need:
  • 1) MediaPortal 0.1.2.0
    2) InputDeviceMapper 0.4.5 - binary
    3) LiveDriveIR 0.2.1 - binary
Install procedure:
  • 1) Install MediaPortal as instructed (if you are having trouble with this, there is ample documentation elsewhere to which I can point you).

2) Navigate to the MediaPortal Plugins directory (if you installed MediaPortal to the default location, the Plugins path is:
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins)

3) Go to the "process" subfolder
    (C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process)

4) Copy InputDeviceMapper.dll to this folder.

5) Create a sub folder of the "process" folder named "devices".
    (C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process\devices)

6) Copy LiveDriveIR.dll to this new folder.
    (C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process\devices)
That's it for the installation. To configure the plugins, start the Configuration Application (you can get to it in the Start Menu group of MediaPortal).

Unfortunately, I have no experience with the usbremoteir plugin. If you are still having trouble with it, let me know and I'll look around for you.

A

Anonymous

Thank you very much for clearing that up ,,,i've reinstalled MP and tried to set up my card but still can't get it to gather the channels.

Anyway back to your program ,,, would i see your plugin in the plugins folder in the configuration area.

Thanks Gord

A

Anonymous

Sorry for the short note above Ka ,, i was being bugged when i wrote it and really didn't get the message out i wanted.

I have opened up the configuration part of the program and i didn't see anything to do with your plugins ,, would i see something about them?? And if so in the remote section or the plugin section ,, i don't see anything about the plugin in either of these areas.

I tried to gather my channels again and once again it would allow me to manually add the channels 2-13 and then it automatically searchs for more channels but does't add anymore of them. Thus of course i can't use the EPG part of the program.

From what i've read on this forum ,, its a great program for the tv tuner cards and home theater ,, and what i have been able to get running looks great ,, but i would love to see the tv end of it in action. It's getting frustrating.

Thanks for your help.

Gord

kaburke

Portal Pro
March 4, 2005
Alberta, Canada
My apologies - I failed to mention where to find the configuration.

After you start the Configuration application:
  • 1) Select "Plugins" from the left hand menu.

2) Find the plugin named InputDeviceEventMapper (it's near the bottom of the list, and often the name is truncated and look like InputDeviceEvent).

3) Make sure the "Enabled" checkbox for InputDeviceEventMapper is checked.

4) Highlight the InputDeviceEventMapper plugin (make sure the entire row is highlighted - click the grey box to the left of the row).

5) Click the setup button.
Unfortunately, I haven't used the TV part of MediaPortal. I would suggest searching the forums (I would suggest you start by looking in the Tips and Tricks section, the General Support section, and the Installation Support section). If you can't find anything, let me know, and I'll take a look around.

[edit]
I had a quick look around, and these may be of interest:
Unable to tune TV/radio
Setup for XMLTV in MP
Definitive TVGuide setup w/ icons for North America
TV feature?
[/edit]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom