[solved] Livetv infobar (1 Viewer)

mywayfr

Portal Member
September 11, 2011
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hello,
I've to use dvblink as back-end and windows mediaplayer for watching tv.
Now I try Mediaportal2, with the default skin.
I'm surprised that I cannot have an info-bar on the playing of a channel.
With windows mediaplayer I placed my mouse at the bottom of the screen and all info shows up.
I can also use the timeshift line, or record and many other things within.

Is that feature also exist with Mediaportal?

Many thanks for any help or advice :)

Roger from Belgium

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    I've to use dvblink as back-end and windows mediaplayer for watching tv.
    Now I try Mediaportal2, with the default skin.
    I'm surprised that I cannot have an info-bar on the playing of a channel.
    With windows mediaplayer I placed my mouse at the bottom of the screen and all info shows up.
    I can also use the timeshift line, or record and many other things within.

Is that feature also exist with Mediaportal?

Many thanks for any help or advice :)

Roger from Belgium
    What is the default Skin for you? The skin, that is used automatically after installation (BlueVision) or the skin with the name "Default"? Last one I can not recommend for daily usage, it's more a fallback in case of problems.
    What is a Infobar? if you mean the progress bar and info about the playing media item, then you need just to press the info key on you remote or the right mouse button and it will appear.

Also which version did you install?

mywayfr

Portal Member
    September 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    What is the default Skin for you? The skin, that is used automatically after installation (BlueVision) or the skin with the name "Default"? Last one I can not recommend for daily usage, it's more a fallback in case of problems.
    What is a Infobar? if you mean the progress bar and info about the playing media item, then you need just to press the info key on you remote or the right mouse button and it will appear.

Also which version did you install?

Hello ge2301,
    Thanks for your responds,
    I use Mediaportal 2.1 pre2 with the skin, that is used automatically after installation
    By infobar, I mean this kind of information showing up on Livetv (Kodi here) when I place my mouse cursor at the bottom of the screen)
    I can use the timeshift on the blue line, stop the channel, get info of the current display channel, get the full epg...
    infobar kodi.png

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Kodi is another software. I'm not at my PC and can not check, but the progress bar should appear when the mouse is moved and as mentioned more infos appear when pressing info key on remote or right mouse button.

You can also try switching to WMC skin, the result might be more close to your expectation.

mywayfr

Portal Member
    September 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Kodi is another software. I'm not at my PC and can not check, but the progress bar should appear when the mouse is moved and as mentioned more infos appear when pressing info key on remote or right mouse button.

You can also try switching to WMC skin, the result might be more close to your expectation.

OK, will try wmc skin, could you please test the mouse when you will be at your computer, maybe it's a problem with my own config.
    Thanks a lot

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, will try wmc skin, could you please test the mouse when you will be at your computer, maybe it's a problem with my own config.
    Thanks a lot
    You're right, for BV and Win10 theme nothing appears on mouse usage. You have to press the right mouse button to see the player controls.
    I haven't touched the player controls of both skins long time, I think I should overwork them for videos and TV. If I'm motivated and have time I'll do it this weekend.

mywayfr

Portal Member
    September 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    You're right, for BV and Win10 theme nothing appears on mouse usage. You have to press the right mouse button to see the player controls.
    I haven't touched the player controls of both skins long time, I think I should overwork them for videos and TV. If I'm motivated and have time I'll do it this weekend.

Many thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom