LNB/Diseqc setting per Satellites (1 Viewer)

M4TH

Portal Member
January 19, 2007
Montréal, Qc
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi
First Good work everyone!!
I'm now able to scan and see channels with TV server (NA BEV)
Félicitation!

The custom LBN frequency setting is a good step in the right direction (with all those differents sattelite/LNB configuration)

But those settings should be per satellite.
For now (has seen in the database) disecq is stored in the Channel table and custom LNB Frequency settings are stored in the Setting table.

I may be wrong, But each channel doesn't need a diseqc setting! Each channel is linked to a satellite(LNB) that should have those Diseqc/LNB frequency settings.
(channels already have a link to the Satellite Table)
This way, for those of us who have more than one satellite/LNB/switchs configuration would be able to use this "magnifique" software, Mediaportal. ;)

thanks

M4TH

Portal Member
January 19, 2007
Montréal, Qc
Home Country
Canada Canada
And again!
DirectTV in NA use 22khz tone switch for multiple sat...

Thats a LOT of new potential MP users...

coryking

Portal Member
May 11, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I've been playing with the scanning abit and found that when your scanning for channels in a multi sat environment, when you use the override feature to actually scan the according sat (one at a time), however in the database I found that the switchingfrequency column in the tuningdetail table only has 11700 and not the value that you used to scan.

I made it work once by manually updating the table but then it broke again for some reason.

If this value would stick in this table when scanning then it might resolve the issue, you just wouldn't be able to scan multiple sat's at one time.

Is this table even the right table that the system looks at when tuning a channel?

I hope this all made sense.

M4TH

Portal Member
January 19, 2007
Montréal, Qc
Home Country
Canada Canada
I've found a solution!

I'm overridding two band type in DVBSChannel.cs (line 112)

case BandType.NaBandStackedDpKuHi:
lof1 = 11250;
lof2 = 11250;
sw = 12700;

break;
case BandType.NaBandStackedDpKuLo:
lof1 = 11250;
lof2 = 11250;
sw = 12200;

break;

and in TVserver setup I choose two sat: one with the band "NA Bandstacked DP Ku-High" (22kh switch off) and the other with "NA Bandstacked DP Ku-Lo"(22kh switch on) Et Voila! At last HD in MP...

PM me if you want the tvLibrary.interfaces.dll already compiled

M4TH

Portal Member
January 19, 2007
Montréal, Qc
Home Country
Canada Canada
Rhys.Goodwin
I don't think this can be submitted as a patch, It's hardcoded for my sat config, what MP should do (and again hardcoded), is to add new Band Type: "NA 22khz switch ON" and "NA 22khz switch OFF". But that will not solve all the config problem, it's more a patch then a real solution.

The true solution is to add a per sat/dvb/input setting (a la GB-PVR)
I think GB-PVR has the best solution for configuring multiple stream input so far

If you have a 22khz tone switch and use standards NA LNB (bev) then my patch will work with your setup.

coryking

Portal Member
May 11, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi,

Thanks for the download, however i'm getting a strange issue and i'm not sure what the problem is.

7/11/2007 10:03:59 PM 8 Exception System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'TvLibrary.Interfaces.DvbTextConverter' from assembly 'TvLibrary.Interfaces, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.DvbBaseScanning.Scan(IChannel channel, ScanParameters settings)
at TvService.TvCard.Scan(IChannel channel, ScanParameters settings)
7/11/2007 10:03:59 PM 8 Exception Could not load type 'TvLibrary.Interfaces.DvbTextConverter' from assembly 'TvLibrary.Interfaces, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
7/11/2007 10:03:59 PM 8 site System.Collections.Generic.List`1[TvLibrary.Interfaces.IChannel] Scan(TvLibrary.Interfaces.IChannel, TvLibrary.ScanParameters)
7/11/2007 10:03:59 PM 8 source :TVLibrary
7/11/2007 10:03:59 PM 8 stacktrace: at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.DvbBaseScanning.Scan(IChannel channel, ScanParameters settings)
at TvService.TvCard.Scan(IChannel channel, ScanParameters settings)

Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom