[confirm] Lock up on starting TV on certain channels (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: v1.1.0 RC1
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide
Windows Version: XP Pro SP3
CPU Type: P4 2.8Ghz Northwood
HDD: 500GB WD SATA
Memory: 1.5GB DDR
Motherboard: Gigabyte 8i848-PM
Video Card: 2600XT 256MB
Video Card Driver: 10.2
Sound Card: onboard Realtek AC97 (ALC655)
Sound Card AC3: no AC3
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.6300
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-T 500
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 4.3.27240
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD9)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Custom
Cooling: Nexus 120mm Intake Fan, Accelero S2, Mini Ninja
Power Supply: DELL DA-2 AC->12v DC, mCubed EF28 DC-DC board
Remote: Nova-T 500
TV: Sony XBR800 36"
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

Both after resuming from hibernating and after a reboot, trying to start BBC channels results in MP locking up.

Other channels seem to be OK.

The first log zip is from when the lock up happened

I tried to start timeshifting on BBC1 with TV Server config whilst Channel4+1 was playing in MP and MP stopped it and said "Timeshifting stopped by another user" which is wierd as I've got two tuners. TVService also then stopped itself and I had to restart it. The second log zip is from after this happened.

I also noticed that the signal level on BBC1 is 36 and the Signal Levels alternates between 0 and 40, so there's obviously a problem with my aerial, but I wouldn't have thought this would cause MP to lock up.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
I was just watching CH4+1 and that locked up after a few minutes. I then loaded TV Server config and it said TVservice was not started, so for some reason that's getting stopped.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
It just seems to be BBC1, BBC2, BBC3 and E4+1 that I'm having troubles with.

All of these channels are mostly green blocks were very broken sound. Starting E4+1 resulting in MP crashing again.

In TV Server config I see for these 4 channels, Signal Level is 37, with the Signal Quality alternating between 0 and 20 as Tuner Locked switches from no to yes constantly. Again, after starting Timeshifting on BBC1 in Server config the TVService stopped itself and I had to restart it, but this didn't happen subsequently when I started Timeshifting in config on a dodgy channel.

All the other working channels don't have much higher Signal Level at 41, but Signal Quality is higher at 80, 60 or 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom