Logitech 550 Remote hibernating Vista computer. ** Solved ** (1 Viewer)

Moonracer

Portal Member
December 28, 2008
SC
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm running MP 1.0.2 with Vista Ultimate x86. I was running the same hardware but with Windows XP Pro and not experiencing this problem.

When I switch video sources/device with my Logitech remote, the computer hibernates. I've disabled Vista Media Center and programmed the Logitech to leave the media center ON. I want my media center to run all the time.

When I was running XP, I had to load a driver for my Pinnacle remote which made my Logitech work without issue. With Vista, the driver (xp only driver) was not necessary and mostly everything worked.

I just don't know how to keep the machine from hibernating. I'm not pressing the OFF/ON button on the remote but selecting a new device which in turn hibernates the computer. I've disabled Hibernation within the Power settings and within the advanced power settings. Very annoying!

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can provide.

Cheers,
mr

/////

I dug through all the settings within the Logitech configuration software and found another setting where the remote was set to tell the Media Center to shut off when selecting another source or when I hit the power button. I disabled this and now my media center is up and running and not shutting off.

Cheers,
mc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom