Logitech Harmony 300/300i (1 Viewer)

BravoDelta

Portal Member
July 26, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Harmony 650 remote, running mediaportal on Win 7 x64. The Harmony is configured as a MCE remote, and I'm using a generic IR receiver. This works fine in Windows 7 MC, and XBMC, but the only buttons that work in mediaportal are the arrow buttons and OK. I've tried all sorts of work arounds including installing 3rd party software (like IRSS) with no luck.

I have just got myself a new IR receiver as I have read on various places that you need one that appears to Windows as an 'ehome' device. I have not tried it yet, but will try it when I get home tonight.

ejtje

Portal Pro
November 29, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Plz post you findings here.

I'm also planning buying a harmony but then I also need to buy a IR receiver, most users here are using a MCE IR receiver. Some IR receivers are big and ugly, I didn't find a nice one yet...

BravoDelta

Portal Member
July 26, 2010
Home Country
It's very difficult to find the Microsoft receivers as they no longer make them. There are cloned versions though. The two I know of are HP and Dell. I have bought a HP one from Ebay. They all seem to be shipping from China though, so I have had to wait 3 weeks for delivery. It shows up in my works computer (xp) as an 'ehome' device so will try with mediaportal when I get home and post my findings.

fabs

Portal Pro
April 27, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Guys, the RM200 can be easily selected in the Logitech software but I had some problems to get it work. The arrow keys are working but not the confirm-button or many others. This is weird because it uses the same profile in iMon for the mp-process.

At the moment I'm using a workaround. I programmed the Harmony for my Hauppauge remote of my TV card (which is directly supported by MP). The problem is only that the TV's ir-signal overlays with the one of the Hauppauge remote. So I gonna buy a mce RC6 ir-reciever and set the profile of the Harmony to a MCE remote.

AEOne

Portal Pro
February 1, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Logitech Harmony 300/300i

Hello guys,

perhaps I can help you at the topic RC6 ir-receiver and Harmony remote.
Have a look: click. You can write me a pm if you want.

Best regards AEOne

BravoDelta

Portal Member
July 26, 2010
Home Country

ejtje

Portal Pro
November 29, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
If i'm right you configured you harmony as a MCE remote? in the harmony configuration and in the media portal configuration?

Thanks E

AEOne

Portal Pro
February 1, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: Logitech Harmony 300/300i

If i'm right you configured you harmony as a MCE remote? in the harmony configuration and in the media portal configuration?
You are right.
The device you have to configure in the software of Logitech Harmony is: Computer/Media Center PC -> Microsoft -> Windows Media Center.
In the configuration utility of MP you have in the remote entry the option "MCE remote". That's it.
It is the same thing with my RC6 ir-receivers...

Best regards AEOne

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom