Logitech S510 -wireless Keyboard+Mouse+Remote Combo (1 Viewer)

coolio

Portal Member
June 10, 2008
Home Country
I bought this Keyboard suite quite a while back so if anyone else has this floating around the house this may help.

This package comes with a cool remote that is unfortunately not configurable with logitechs app.
The remote however can be remapped to virtually whatever you like if you edit the config file manually.

Attached is the one I use. I can do everything I want to in mediaportal. No features missing that I know of.

To make your own changes later. The trick is to change the whole key section. Example below.
<Button Number="786637" Name="Play">
<Param IconLoc="" Type=""/>
<Trigger Class="ButtonPress">
<Param Button="786637" FirstRepeatDelay="0" RepeatDelay="0" Silent="0" Type="0"/>
<TriggerState Name="ButtonDownUp" HandlerSet="KeystrokeAssignment">
<Handler Class="KeystrokeAssignment">
<Param DisplayName="Space" LParam="3735553" Modifier="0" VirtualKey="32"/>
</Handler>
</TriggerState>
</Trigger>
</Button>

The Triggerstate would need to read as above and the other important thing is the VirtualKey. It is simply the decimal number of the Ascii keyboard mapping.

To use the file I am using simply.
1. Close setpoint.exe from task mananger. (I found that setpoint will overwrite the file if you dont do this)
2. Place this file in your pofile directory --> %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Logitech\SetPoint
3. Reboot and enjoy.

I might make a plugin or something in the future.

Attachments

• user.xml
    30.6 KB

coolio

Portal Member
June 10, 2008
Home Country
Works fine

Yes it works great for me. Try using my file that was attached to my previous post, you definately need to kill setpoint before replacing the file. I am not using any extra software to make it work.
I only use it for mediaportal so using my file will probably break functionality for other software. I dont use the keyboard at all so would have the default settings

Also if you use the setpoint config software to configure other keys it will probably break the file again.
My file is manually edited.
I am using the drivers that came with my kit. I found upgrading removed the remote entirely.

Try my file without any extra software. Just setpoint loaded. Kill setpoint, replace the file, Reboot.

Play, stop, FF, RW, Back, Ok, rolly ball all work for me. 3 is toggle fullscreen. The middle top button is for movie info.
The media button is for right click. This is sufficient enough for me to everything with the one remote.

If you need any extra help let me know.
Maybe my driver is different?

sm5uiu

December 29, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
You can also use uberoptions to do the same... however if you set a key for eg. "s" but have caps lock on the result will be "S" which will not work. Setpoint doesnt stick to the keycode that you have programmed - strange. I have also seen that if you try to manage the volume via setpoint using keycode - and = it will work ok for a while and then "hang", maybe the "receive buffer" gets overflowed. Volume control error gets fixed with another handler. Caps lock just has to be disabled in setpoint (if you have a logitech keyboard) to prevent it messing up the keycodes.

Besides that it will work just fine.

Solution just as you mention except do NOT use handlerclass keystrokeassignment. Use following handler class instead.

Replace this:

<Handler Class="KeystrokeAssignment">
<Param DisplayName="Space" LParam="3735553" Modifier="0" VirtualKey="32"/>

With this:

<Handler Class="KeyStroke">
<Param KeyName="~ (Enter)"/>

The "~ (Enter)" can be any other key eg. "a". See this page for more info:
http://www.mstarmetro.net/users/rlowens/?n=SetPoint.StuckModifiers

By the way, play, fast forward, stop and so on operate properly via setpoint if you enable generic hid remore in media portal.

/Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom