Logitech Universal Remote: trouble ON/OFF while recording; MCE receiver (1 Viewer)

Aquarius

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 23, 2004
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Slightly off-topic, but I'd give it a try:

I have an HTPC runing MP 0.2.3SVN with a MCE remote receiver and a Logitech 785 remote.

The HTPC wakes up for a recording and while the recording is running, I want to take control over
    the HTPC with the remote. So the Logi first sends a PowerToggle to the HTPC and - as the HTPC is already
    running - shuts down to hibernate :(

Core problem is that there are no separate commands for ON and OFF within the MCE remote receiver.

What is the way to get out of this mess ?
    - Search and define discrete codes for ON and OFF for MCE remote and the Logi ?
    - Cover the IR - sender when activating the HTPC with the remote.
    - defining Logi activty like "attach to running , but my activities display is full.

Thanks for any comment or a good ref to other forums

/Gerd

PHansen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 30, 2007
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What you could do is in the Harmony setup for the device make sure you have it set to stay on all the time and then map a power toggle button to the LCD. Then when you want to turn it on you do the activity to turn whatever else on first, then press the power toggle and it will turn the machine on. Then to turn it off you have to press the power toggle on the LCD first, then the main power button on the remote.

This lets you start an activity with the HTPC without it turning off when it's already on, but when you want to turn it off you have to press the power toggle on the lcd first, then the main power. If you don't mind the extra step, and there are no discrete power on and power off codes then it's a fairly nice way of doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom