LogoManager 1.0.0.3 [27-11-2022] (2 Viewers)

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Attempting to configure the plugin (from MediaPortal Configuration) produced no visible reaction
There is no settings in plugin that are configurable via MP Configuration tool. All settings are configurable from within GUI.

In the Frames GUI, I was unable to select any design
[2013-11-14 00:25:51,003] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Error initializing window:LogoManager.LogoManagerPlugin There is an error in XML document (50, 21
it seems that your LogoManager.config file is damaged. Have you edited it manually? Try to replace it with https://code.google.com/p/mediaport.../LogosManager/LogosManager/LogoManager.config

[2013-11-14 00:23:22,452] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - SKIN: Missing d:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Frames\DialogPreview.xml
there is no support for this plugin from skin that you use (Frames) - we made skin files for DefaultWide and Titan only. And that is the reason why you can't select any design.

Last edited:

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
July 19, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I did add support for the latest versions (Including DialogChecklist) and added it to SVN, but for a not known reason :confused:I forgot to add the DialogPreview to the latest release of the Frames skin :oops:. Please find attached the missing DialogPreview.xml and I will add it also to a new release.

Attachments

• DialogPreview.xml
    2.8 KB

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Maybe proud Titan users could add DialogCheckList to their beloved skin too? ;)
    I can't even make checkboxes to appear :oops:

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    There is no settings in plugin that are configurable via MP Configuration tool. All settings are configurable from within GUI.
    I was hoping for some options in MediaPortal configuration so as not to have to edit the LogoManager.config file.
    For example, some way to add a new pack.

it seems that your LogoManager.config file is damaged. Have you edited it manually? Try to replace it with https://code.google.com/p/mediaport.../LogosManager/LogosManager/LogoManager.config
    I had tried (unsuccessfully) to add a local source as described in this post and apparently did not restore the config file correctly. The basic functions now work for me with you SVN copy.

There is no support for this plugin from skin that you use (Frames) - we made skin files for DefaultWide and Titan only. And that is the reason why you can't select any design.
    This also works now, thanks to the new XML file which @Lbr_Lion provided below. Thanks, Lbr_Lion!
    A minor critique: the previews in the popup dialog all show as square, even when another aspect ratio is intended (e.g. Modern 4x3 resized).

Remaining problems:

1. I am getting the following errors on each use of LogoManager:
    Code:
    [2013-11-15 11:03:32,070] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - No translation found for id 104587
    [2013-11-15 11:04:28,880] [Error  ] [LogoManager] [ERROR] - Can't download file "http://mediaportal-swiss-rtv-logos.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/TV/TVL_1-1_Classic_Clear/TF1%20HD.png" or save it locally to "d:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\LogoManager\sources\tv\TF1 HD.png": The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
    [2013-11-15 11:04:36,650] [Error  ] [LogoManager] [ERROR] - Can't download file "http://mediaportal-swiss-rtv-logos.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/TV/TVL_1-1_Classic_Clear/Andalucia.png" or save it locally to "d:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\LogoManager\sources\tv\Andalucia.png": The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
    Presumably the first line is a skin problem, and the other two lines refer to an inconsistency between the mapping file and logo files in @bribbon's logo pack.

2. Apparently I still do not understand how to create new designs correctly. My attempts to apply 16:9 designs to bribbons "Swiss pack" produce only solid black logos. Attached are an example design (which I have placed in <MediaPortal data directory>\Thumbs\LogoManager\designs), logfiles and a screenshot.

Thanks for everything!

Attachments

• 10-19-10.png
      10-19-10.png
      390.8 KB
    • Simple 16x9 resized.zip
      7.3 KB

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    2. Apparently I still do not understand how to create new designs correctly. My attempts to apply 16:9 designs to bribbons "Swiss pack" produce only solid black logos.
    your overlay png has no transparency at all - and adding black rectangle on top of generated logo will always produce black rectangle picture, because that rectangle hides the generated logo completely :)

XML:
    <effect enabled="yes" type="resize" minX="170" maxX="200" resizedX="190" minY="93" maxY="113" resizedY="100" />
    so this will produce images near to 190x100 px. Is this intended? because you have told us about 16x9 and not 19x10

Last edited:

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    your overlay png has no transparency at all - and adding black rectangle on top of generated logo will always produce black rectangle picture, because that rectangle hides the generated logo completely :).
    Unfortunately IrfanView seems to throw away alpha channel on store, guess I'll have to try GIMP.
    I don't see why I need an overlay at all, but if I leave the file out of the design, I still get black logos.

XML:
    <effect enabled="yes" type="resize" minX="170" maxX="200" resizedX="190" minY="93" maxY="113" resizedY="100" />
    so this will produce images near to 190x100 px. Is this intended? because you have told us about 16x9 and not 19x10
    I noticed that the provided Modern 4:3 design uses resizedX="190" and resizedY="140", which also isn't 4x3.
    I therefore assumed that some margin was needed. My target dimensions are 200x113 (see maxX and maxY).

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    IrfanView seems to throw away alpha channel on store
    irfanview is good as viewer only. Its editing capabilities re VERY limited. And it doesn't save transparency info properly.

I don't see why I need an overlay at all
    design requirement. If you don't need it - then just generate transparent overlay. I am not going to check for all possible errors/missing elements in design or XML or whatever else, so you have to take it as is.

My target dimensions are 200x113 (see maxX and maxY)
    these are max dimensions, not target ones :) if one of dimension exceed that max value - then resizedX or resizedY will be the new picture dimensions.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    I was hoping for some options in MediaPortal configuration so as not to have to edit the LogoManager.config file.
    For example, some way to add a new pack.
    Adding new pack shouldn't be a task for users. What is the purpose to add pack only for yourself and not submit info about new pack to us to let it make available for all plugin users?
    P.s. I am the biggest fan of GUI settings so our plugin will never have settings in MP Configuration.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Latest build for testing multipackage grabbing.
    To test it choose several channel group for your current pack (i.e. russian) then switch to i.e. swedish pack (tell plugin to save you setting), choose another channel groups for new pack and hit "Grab".
    And simple grabbing for several channel groups should work too.
    P.s. Autograbbing is disabled in this build, sorry

Attachments

• LogoManager.test.mpe1
      213.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom