Logos, Icons and gfx packs (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Really nice logos can make a huge difference in the visual appearance of your skin and MediaPortal.

I am constantly hunting for nice logos for aMPed, which includes many logos already in the \skin\aMPed\Media\Logos folder. For further info on aMPed logo options, see the aMPed wiki > Custom Logos
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ions/4_Skins/aMPed/Customization/Custom_Logos
    This thread is for anyone to post any great logo packs they find or create.

Please include a screenshot/sample, and a zip file of the logos, or a link to such a file.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    (Pretty) please (with sugar on top):
    Make sure to respect any given (c)-rights. Iow - don't post a zip file of these unless you are certain that it is allowed. (I guess Dadeo will make sure before he uses any logos as well).

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for the reminder Spragleknass. The ones posted so far on our google code site were done for MediaPortal by MP users and are used in other skins also. As for ixdvc's flagging.zip - I assume if logos are used in XBMC skins they are open source? Is that right?

Many images from the web may be licensed under a creative commons license. There are several types of licenses, so be sure to check if the license allows use, alteration, distribution or whatever.

EDIT: Just to clarify, all creative works are automatically copyright. Even if an image does not say it is copyright, it still is. That means you cannot use it without permission of the artist/creator/owner. That is why the creative commons license was started, to enable creators to give a general license to use their work so they do not have to give permission to each person, but can still 'protect' their creative works. The whole field is ridiculously confusing - see Basic Copyright Issues on Wikipedia. In general practice, personal use, not for profit, may be considered 'fair use' but there is no guarantee. So, the safest way is to use only images that show a creative commons license, or are clearly listed in the public domain as free images.

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    In the attachment you can find a short description how to add extra logos/links to aMPed with MultiShortcut.
    I use this to execute and open several programs from my aMPed menu with my remote or touchscreen. Very usefull for me and maybe for others as well...

Attachments

• Add shortcuts to windows programs in aMPed.pdf
      213.5 KB
    • hover.zip
      357.2 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom