Long Delay using MCE Remote w/ Mediaportal (1 Viewer)

billqs

Portal Member
February 8, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm not completely new here, but I feel like this is probably a noobie question :)

I currently have Mediaportal on two different computers on my home network, one hooked to my plasma TV and the other one hooked up to a Dell 3400MP Projector. I use the Hauppauge 45 Button Remote on the computer hooked to the TV and I use a recently purchased MCE remote off of ebay to control the Mediaportal program running on my projector.

I don't experience any Remote Control problems using the Hauppauge with Mediaportal. However, I have some issues using the MCE remote with Mediaportal.

1. If I try to use any key after starting a video file in Mediaportal, to either move forward or back or even to pause or stop, no key will cause a change in the stream. It will play as if nothing were pushed. About a minute later all the keys that were hit to attempt to change the position of the video all fire off in rapid succession.

2. Using Powerdvd within Mediaportal on playing DVD's, I get no highlighted choice on the menu. I have to fire up a mouse to get it to work.

1 is more directly related to Mediaportal probably than 2, so I'm hoping for help mainly with 1 (although an answer on 2 would be nice also, as I have posted that problem on 3 message boards with no solution.)

The mce remote I bought off ebay has an HP receiver and is claimed to be certified for MCE use. The remote is NOT HP, however, it is a generic remote, but works on most uses in Mediaportal.

I am using Windows XP Pro SP3 on the machine that has issues. It is running an Intel Pentium E5300 dual core chip, with built in NVidia 9300 series chipset. I have 2Gig Ram on the system and it runs on a 750GB Harddrive. It is hooked up via Gigabit Lan to a media server that contains my movies and tv shows. The computer also has an LG combo Drive for playing DVD's. HDDvd's and Blu-rays.

Is this a known problem with Mediaportal, or maybe I need to purchase a better MCE remote? I researched before purchasing the remote and saw where Mediaportal works with MCE Remotes right out of the box.

I can't change the Hauppauge and MCE remotes out, because the Hauppauge remote is hooked via a 2.5mm jack directly into a PVR150 card that resides in the computer that records TV programs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom