Longer Scheduled Recordings Length (1 Viewer)

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Went to record the Live8 concert on Foxtel and found I can only manually record a maximum of 3 hours. I need to do 12hours and I now have to fake an XML tv entry to get it to go this long.

Make it longer as it used to let you choose start and end time so you could record for as long as you want.

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Do remember however, that your computer will only allow files to become a certain size. This is probably the reason behind the limit. Would be nice if MP could automatically start a new file and continue though...

Good concert btw...watching it now.

Sam

entrophia

July 14, 2005
    I hope that in the final version there is the possibility of schedule a registration manually without the limit of three hours. In the old version it was possibile...

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    samuel337 said:
    Maybe MP doesn't know the difference (NTFS & FAT32) and errs on the safe side.Sam

Thought Id double check this and infact MP shouldnt really be used on a FAT32 system at all. You wouldnt manage recordings over 1.25hrs. FAT32 has a max filesize of 4gb. Therefore since its then limited to NTFS there shouldnt be a limited recording length.

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    entrophia said:
    In the old version it was possibile...

... and I don't understand why this feature was removed. There is also no possibility to edit a planned recording anymore. I think this is a must have.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :wink:

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I quite often program a manual schedule to record 4 or 5 hrs TV. In version 0.1.1.1 which I'm still using this is no problem. Even recorded a 26 hr file (over 60GB) once by accident.

Before I can switch to version 0.1.3.0 I would like to know for sure that it can record manual schedules longer than 3 hrs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom