Keldandorin

Portal Member
April 9, 2006
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
changed it

moltas said:
Am I totally wrong but doesn't DVB-T stand for Terrestrial? the cards you looked at are Satellite...

/Moltas

You are totaly right..edited my post.

/HÃ¥kan

Tellus82

Portal Member
February 3, 2006
I have used the Twinhan Sat-Ci card for a while with mediaportal and used it with a conax 4.0E cam for Canal Digital support...

Overall performance is good but theres alot of tweaking before it works fine... The BDA drivers are so and so, the included software is pure crap and so on....

I have now placed an order for a FloppyDTV because of lacking number of PCI slots on my new MB so im waiting for that now...

Heres a link to the card ive been using.

Twinhan Sat-Ci

Official site

Keep in mind that you will need a Conax cam (4.0-4.0E) and a red Canal Digital smart card... The best driver for any MP release is BDA1.2.3.4

/Johnny

Keldandorin

Portal Member
April 9, 2006
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
one awnser raises more questians :)

Thx alot for the info.
Dosent sound like happy clicking installation then. :p.
What do you meen with a RED Canal Digital Card? Is there differant ones you can get? total newbee to this world :)
And please keep us updated on the floppydtv :p

/HÃ¥kan

Tellus82

Portal Member
February 3, 2006
The red smart card from canal digital is for use with CAMs, The blue is for media highway support and the Yellow for their pairing system...

Well, the installation isn´t that tricky if your used to a computer... But it aint exactly happy clicking install either...

Im gonna install the floppydtv tonight after work (it´s laying in the local post office right now...)

Tellus82

Portal Member
February 3, 2006
I have now installed my Floppy DVB-S card and it works like a charm, much faster channel changes then the twinhan and alot higher signal strength, AC3 pids works without hitching and other problems.

Im very satisfied with the improvement with this card, didn´t actually think that it would be that mouch of a difference between these cards but boy was i wrong, the video is absolutley stutter free and channelscan work immediatly in both Mediaportal and MyTheatre..

Ill have to give this card a 5 out of 5 possible starts :p

Keldandorin

Portal Member
April 9, 2006
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Darn gladd

O boy I'm I glad you answered my thread :).

Guess I'm going for a Floppy DVB-S now :)

and thx for explaning the card stuff.

Where did you order it from?
Dos it work with pay channels?

Is this the right model for canaldigital FloppyDTV S/CI with Conax CAM (V4.00e)?

Thx man

/HÃ¥kan

Tellus82

Portal Member
February 3, 2006
Well i bought it directly from digital everywhere in austria and they delivered within a week of my order to Sälen sweden so im very pleased with their customer support to.

And yes i use it for Pay channels from Canal Digital (I have the Family package with Canal+) And i use a Conax 4.00e cam with it..

You can buy it from the following stores, just to name a few:

Digital Everywhere (Austria)

Datorbutiken.com

TystPC.nu (Swedish retailer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom