Looking for a little help please (1 Viewer)

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I am currently developing another plugin,

I have run into a brick wall and was wondering if when a movie/tv is playing is it possible to program a label to overlay the screen?

I am a vb.net programmer but am able to convert c# code so if anybody has any samples or help then I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

DJBlu

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    It should work, you'll have to modify the relevant skin xml (I believe its VideoFullscreen.xml) and include your visual elements and make sure they're set to invisible. Then, when its time to display it, your plugin will have to check if video/TV is playing, gui the guiwindow from the windows manager, get the control you added in the xmls from that and set its property to visible. Also you can either set the label directly in program, or use a tag (#myPlugin.whatever) in the skin, and then only set this tag (guiproperty) from your code.

At least in theory this should work. BTW, what you trying to do?

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    It should work, you'll have to modify the relevant skin xml (I believe its VideoFullscreen.xml) and include your visual elements and make sure they're set to invisible. Then, when its time to display it, your plugin will have to check if video/TV is playing, gui the guiwindow from the windows manager, get the control you added in the xmls from that and set its property to visible. Also you can either set the label directly in program, or use a tag (#myPlugin.whatever) in the skin, and then only set this tag (guiproperty) from your code.

At least in theory this should work. BTW, what you trying to do?

I want to put a sports scores ticker(so when a team scores it pops up) at the bottom of the screen so I don't have to keep flicking back and forth.

Many thanks for that m8.

:D

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Excellent idea!! I like it could you make it international? :)

I am going to get it to work with the bbc website at the moment. However if you know of sites that have rss/xml sources or websites that can be ripped then let me know.

THDBASED

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I would but finding rss feads with the scores (real-time??) are hard to find...Could you point me to the BBC rss you found? Thx..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom