looking for a solution - Rotor Control (1 Viewer)

hey__me

Portal Pro
March 12, 2009
I am looking a purchasing a rotor for my rooftop ATSC antenna. Looking at the current channel Master rotor as it has a remote control interface. However I would like to come up with an automatic solution to position the rotor based on the channel selected in media portal. (i understand that this could be a problem in a multiple tuner setup)
My guess is that I would need the following:
1) IR Blaster that works with Windows 7 (any suggestion)
2) some way to get TVServer to send a code to the blaster based on the channel selected - no sure how to accomplish this.

Any suggestions?

hey__me

Portal Pro
March 12, 2009
Well I have a plug-in almost complete. Just need to merge in most of the Server Blaster code. I have seen various threads that server blaster either works or doesn't under windows 7. Can anyone confirm that it does under windows 7? Also anyone using those HP MCE remotes with blasters from Ebay? I don't see much available anymore from NCIX or TigerDirect.ca anymore.

hey__me

Portal Pro
March 12, 2009
Ok I have confirmed that Server Blaster does not work on Windows 7 - Exception thrown while trying to enumerate the MCE devices. Anyhow, no big deal, I think I am going to go with WinLIRC as a blasting program and interface my plugin with that. Basically this plugin will be able to map any guide channel to a Number that will be blasted out on the start of ZAP. Not sure if this has any other applications?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    hey (it's) me :)

I have absolutely no idea how to answer any of your questions. Just replying to beak the silence.
    So what exactly is this Rotor Control? Is it not the same as Motor Control? Or maybe the Motor Control have some code you can use?

And NO, I do not have any knowledge or experience with either...

hey__me

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2009
    rotor control - basically there is a motor on the antenna that is controlled by a box that you send via remote what angle you want the antenna to point to so that it then points at that transmitter - not disqc control like satellite as that is all done on the same coax cable, this is a completely separate system.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi hey__me

Couldn't you use IRSS with its TVE3 Blaster Plugin to blast to the rotor control box? That is unless you want to have the project for yourself... :)

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom