Looking for something better than WMC on Verizon FIOS and Ceton InfiniTV 6 ETH (1 Viewer)

EvanWasHere

Portal Member
March 20, 2014
New York, New York
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello Evanwashere, looks like you are only other person on these threads with Ceton Infinitv Eth and Verizon FIOS.

I really need help in getting MP to work in my Win 8 system(still using WMC on Win 7, I have dual boot system, WIN 7 & Win 8 Pro

Q1) At this point, am I better off installing MP2 vs MP1? Not really sure what the difference is, but I will go along with
whatever you recommend

Q2) Regarding my equipment, I have a Ceton InfinTV Ethernet box with cable card on Verizon FIOS provider.
I also have 2 Ceton Echo extenders which are basically ethernet appliances that serve as clients, these are not PC's.
To that point, do I need to install client/server configuration or standalone PC config? If client/server is required, how do I
go about doing that?

Q3) I need in the worst way to be able to get past this issue of my MP TV server configuration data not being saved.
As previously stated, after spending the day on making config changes, when I reboot, all config data is wiped out.
How do I get past this issue? It appears DB configuration data is not getting saved.

Q4) Retrieving TV guide data - really no point in discussing until Q's 1-3 have been answered. but I do have schedule Direct
w/EPG 123. My initial attempts haven't worked, but as you can see above, I need to get through the other problems

Anything you can do to assist would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Bringing back a 4 year old post. Not bad. lol

So.. In the end.. I gave up about 3 months ago. Ceton is not supporting their hardware anymore. I had to do reboots once a week because it would stop recording.

I purchased a SiliconDust HDHomeRun PRIME Cable HDTV (3-Tuner) for $129 (yes.. I lost 3 tuners doing this.. sucks) and installed Plex Server. This setup has worked amazing for me. I can set up recordings from mobile/web/app, I can watch recordings on mobile/web/app, and it streamlines with my media server. I am using an Nvidia Shield on my primary TV for playback.

Charles F

June 24, 2018
Home Country
Let me get this straight. I just viewed specs on HD Homerun site. If I get the 3 tuner box with cable card, I can install HDHomerun on
PC(which would serve as server), use Amazon fire sticks on my other smart TV's, and use fire sticks as my clients, meaning the fire
sticks can access HD HomeRun Prime box so I can watch, record and playback TV shows and movies?

If so, it sounds like you dumped MP and replaced it with Plex Server. Anything else I need?

Let me know if all assumptions above are correct.

Thank you

EvanWasHere

Portal Member
March 20, 2014
New York, New York
Home Country
Let me get this straight. I just viewed specs on HD Homerun site. If I get the 3 tuner box with cable card, I can install HDHomerun on
PC(which would serve as server), use Amazon fire sticks on my other smart TV's, and use fire sticks as my clients, meaning the fire
sticks can access HD HomeRun Prime box so I can watch, record and playback TV shows and movies?

If so, it sounds like you dumped MP and replaced it with Plex Server. Anything else I need?

Let me know if all assumptions above are correct.

Thank you

Very close.

The only HD Homerun software you will install is the driver software. Plex Server that goes on your PC, runs all the recording and guide software.

Yes, Amazon Fire Sticks can run Plex apps to view your shows/media. You can also use a Smart TVs app store to download Plex (works on LG, Sony, Samsung, Vizio, etc).

Plex even has a commercial skipper, built in though I don't use that.

For encrypted channels like HBO, Starz, etc, I use their free Android apps to stream their shows.

Charles F

June 24, 2018
Home Country
Can you initiate a recording from any of the devices running Amazon FireTV(like you were able to do w/Ceton ECHO) or do you have to initiate all recordings from PC?

Charles F

June 24, 2018
Home Country
Can you do everything you need with free version of Plex or did you have to sign up for monthly premium service?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom