Lost server connection (1 Viewer)

Alexh

Portal Member
October 30, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi,

I have been using MP1 for a while now with a separate PC for the server with tuners (Win 7, home network, hardwire ethernet).
A few times I got the "unable to stream" message when trying to watch live TV (recorded is not available either). I rebooted client and server which solved the issue.

However now the TV function does not work at all , always gives "unable to stream message". On the client , when I go to MP config - TV I see my server computer name for Host and "test connection" always works.

On my server, TV Server config - streaming server I have IP address set to Auto and port 554. I never see the client in the client window.
I don't think I changed anything to cause this and it seemed to be intermittent for a while but now it never works.

I have the MP client installed on the server and I can watch live TV using that.
I can always watch mkv's stored on the server using movies or series menus from client.

I can browse the server TV folder from the client using explorer.

Thanks for any help.

Update, just before posting this I tried changing the server - config - IP address to the actual IP address and I immediately changed it back to auto. Of course, the config warned me that it had to restart the TV service. Now live TV works on the client. Is it possible that the TV server is not starting? If it happens again should I check for the MP service in the task manager? If so what process name?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom