Loud noises from my louspeakers (1 Viewer)

waveman15

Portal Member
February 21, 2010
Hi,

it is a little bit strange. I had WIN 7 installed and everything was fine. Right now I downgraded to WIN XP - I like it more (Stanby works lot better, Beamer and TV work fine at different times (see other topic), MP is more stable (I think))

So since I use WIN XP again, I have a loud strange noise comming out of my loudspeakers. It comes from time to time, lasts about 3 seconds, is very loud and sounds like wrooom (like the bass is only working). Our dog jumps from on the sofa to under the sofa in about a second.

I had this before with win xp - never with 7.

I am using:
WIN XP SP3
MP 1.1.3
Audio (MPC or Cyberlink - doesn´t matter)
AMD 5450 GFX (same with 5770, 5750, GeForce GTX 450, GTS 450) - always the newest driver
ASRock MB (had before a Gigabyte was the same)
BeQuit Power (had before NoName, changed because my dealer said might be the fault - same)

Sound over HDMI to my Onkyo Receiver

Let me describe, when I did not hear it - to find the fault:
Sound over Chinch (from MB)
Sound over HDMI with a AMD 3450 (No soundchip on Board)
WIN 7 (no noise also with HDMI over 5450)

Is this strange?

Is anybody out there who has an Idea?

Thanks
Tobias

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: Loud noises from my louspeakers

Hi waveman15

Nobody with an idea?
    I am not sure what the problem is. If it were me I would check the power, audio and HDMI connections on *all* inputs and outputs of the computer, TV and receiver.

Does the problem happen with other software?

I guess if you're using an HDMI connection from an ATI/AMD video card then you could try the Realtek drivers (ATI HDMI audio device).

mm

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I frequently get pops, thumps, chirps and squeaks from my audio speakers. it is most noticeable when using the on-screen keyboard to type names or password, just going from key to key. I use a remote, but I don't know that it makes a difference. My HTPC is on the shelf just below my surround receiver. I'm wondering if I'm getting some kind of EMP feedback during these actions.

Chuck

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Chuck: I don't know a lot about fancy remotes, but I'd be wondering if your remote is causing it... especially if it is an RF remote. The RF might somehow be picked up by the circuits in the receiver or cables. Here in NZ, one of our cellphone service providers (Vodafone) operates on a frequency that somehow gets picked up by computer speakers. There is a bit of an explanation -->here<--:

In the case of the cell phone affecting the computer's speakers, the wire to each speaker is acting like an antenna, and it picks up side bands in the audible range.

mm

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm using the Logitec 300 IR remote with my MS MCE transceiver. I don't remember if I noticed the problem with my RF keyboard, I only grab it to do a cntrl/alt/delete on periodic freezes in Online Videos (when skipping). I know I have no noise problems when NOT running MP. I can't check untill Tues or Wed next week, as I'm away from the HTPC (I'm going through MP withdrawal)

Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom