LRC in music tag being overwritten when skip to next song (1 Viewer)

cics

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 30, 2007
    Drammen
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Sympton:
    LRC lyric for the next song will be overwritten when using "Play Next >>|".

Apply to:
    - My Lyric version 1.4.x and 1.5.0
    - MP 1.04 and 1.1.0 RC2.
    - Successfully reproduce the bug on two independed MP clients.

Severity:
    - Priority: High. Corruption, incorrect operation.

Step of reprod.:
    1. Make sure you have 2 songs with LRC lyric in your music tag.
    2. Start MP and play song 1 and view the lyric.
    3. Skip to next song (F8 or use top menu).
    4. VERIFY the lyric on the screen is still belong song 1.
    5. Stop MP.
    6. VERIFY My Lyric DB and in music tag the lyric for song 2 has been replaced with song 1's lyric.

Hope someone can verify this or telling me what I've done wrong causing my lyric to be overwritten when skipping to the next song.

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi cics,

Thanks for a great report. I'll look into this issue tonight.

You have not done anything wrong, and if the described scenario really does happen, then it is bug in MyLyrics which I will fix as quickly as possible.

You can use the LRC pick feature within MyLyrics to fix the corrupted tags.

mackey

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I am not able to reproduce the error. I have tried both with local files on my harddrive and files on an external USB drive connected to my wireless router and with different setting combinations. Please add your settings (a screenshot of the MyLyrics setting tab will do) and a small note about how you access your music collection (locally or through a wireless setup). The latter is of interest due to an MP issue where the music player doesn't update the current tag information if the network is to slow to apply them in time (at least that is how I interpretes the issue). I believe that this might related to your issue. The report indicated that the music player holds the information for the previous title but do point to the right physical file. MyLyrics don't update a tag containing a LRC with a new LRC, so the mixup described is the only obivious explanation to the issue you discover.

Please note if - when you see this issue - that the tag information shown on the lyric screen is for the previous file and not for the currently played.

Btw, if you suspect MyLyrics to write incorrect lyrics/LRCs to your tags, then you should untick the option "Write newly found lyrics into music tags" (bad English, i should definetely rename it).

cics

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 30, 2007
    Drammen
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi

Thanks for the feedback. I'll give you more info as soon as I've done more tests.

Hell_Angel

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2005
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,

I can confirm this. I'm having exactly the same problem. I have client and server in the same machine, so I don't think it's only network issue.

cics

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 30, 2007
    Drammen
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    It's not easy to reproduce, or at least all my test results are very inconsistence (can’t find a concrete pattern). I asked Q&A at my work to teach me how to perform tests, they taught me few tricks, let hope I can write a better step of reproduce with all the necessary info.

FYI: All of my music is located in a NAS, but I will try to make a copy of them to local test PC.

Hell_Angel

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2005
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I found a possible solution for this. I don't know why, but when I looked at Mylyrics configuration's about tab it showed version 1.4.2.0. even though I were already updated for 1.5.0.0. So, I deleted manually all the .dll files of mylyrics and installed it again. After that the version showed up correctly at about tab in configuration and I haven't had this problem since. There might be some kind of problem with updating older versions, because it seems it won't update all of the files correctly. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom