Lyrics with Last.FM or Shoutcast (1 Viewer)

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Technically I believe it is possible, but some changes have to be done to the stream handling and particular the way the song information is stored. At the moment there is no way for an extern plugin - as MyLyrics - to get hold on the information. When I have some time on my hand I'll look into this and see if I can suggest a solution that everyone can agree on.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Technically I believe it is possible, but some changes have to be done to the stream handling and particular the way the song information is stored. At the moment there is no way for an extern plugin - as MyLyrics - to get hold on the information. When I have some time on my hand I'll look into this and see if I can suggest a solution that everyone can agree on.

Well - basically you don't need more than artist and track name? Wouldn't it be enough to query the GUIProperties for the current values?

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Well - basically you don't need more than artist and track name? Wouldn't it be enough to query the GUIProperties for the current values?
    If I can get those infos from the GUIProperties at all times, then there are no problem at all. Thanks, I'll try it out.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

If I can get those infos from the GUIProperties at all times, then there are no problem at all. Thanks, I'll try it out.

Yep - something like GUIPropertyManager.GetProperty("#Play.Current.Artist") should be enough...

heintje

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Juhu, this sound like a new feature !!

I hope you can extend this plugin with this functionality!!

Bests
    Heintje

famewolf

Portal Pro
    June 7, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Completly offtopic and I apologize...I'm also excited about lyrics...is there a way to increase the cache before it starts playing the last.fm stream? I'm on a slow connection and I end up having to pause just about every song for an extra 10 seconds or so to get it to play without breaking up when they download the artist picture....If you know of the thread this SHOULD be in please point me in the direction and I'll post there.

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Heintje,
    I'll have to tweak the plugin quite a bit to work with streams, but I'm sure that it is possible. So the support will most likely be included in the next release.

fameworf,
    You will find the last.fm subforum here: Last.fm - MediaPortal Forum

heintje

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

that are excelent news! Do you have an idea when the next release will be ready?

Bye
    Heintje

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi heintje,

I hope to be able to release within a month, but don't have much time on my hands these days, so it is hard to tell. As soon as I have a release candidate I'll upload it in this thread, so you can try it out as soon as possible.

cheers,
    mackey

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi streamers! :)

I have enabled support for last.fm and ShoutCasts in this release candidate for 1.31. Have a go and let me know if you want things to change a bit.

Be aware that MP might have a problem with updates of artist and title information for streams. It means that you might experience that this information is only updated when you start a stream. Hereby MyLyrics isn't notified of a new track has started in the stream. I have this problem on one of my two PC's and a fix in MP is needed before everything works as intended. Note, that is only the case for Shoutcast streams and everything should works great with last.fm (or at least that was the case until my trial period ran out sunday). I hope to find time to fix the unreliable events in MP soon, or that an other dev fixes it sooner.

Attachments

• MyLyrics131.zip
      30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom