Codecs m2ts not using DXVA (1 Viewer)

Undel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 23, 2008
    Lubertsy, Moscow region, Russia
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Strange situation... I've installed latest Media Player Classic Home Cinema and now use "MPC Video Decoder" for H.264 and MPEG-2 in MP (m2ts extention added). But for some reason, MP doesn't use hardware acceleration for files packed in m2ts. MPC-HC, however, plays it with hardware acceleration.
    What's the catch?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Strange situation... I've installed latest Media Player Classic Home Cinema and now use "MPC Video Decoder" for H.264 and MPEG-2 in MP (m2ts extention added). But for some reason, MP doesn't use hardware acceleration for files packed in m2ts. MPC-HC, however, plays it with hardware acceleration.
    What's the catch?

MPC video decoder only decode h.264 and VC-1p using DXVA, not MPEG-2.

Connect Graphstudio to check what decoder is in use durning video playback.

...or try SAF, it will setup all automatically for you.

Undel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Well, i've tried H264 and it's not using DXVA either. SAF installs MPC decoders, but they are not the same version (even MPC-HC logo changes).
    So, the situation now is: MPC-HC and Arcsoft TMT3 mplays everything smoothly and using DXVA, MP even with SAF or Cyberlink HD264 decoder plays everythin very badly because DXVA is not working.
    I can set an external player in MP, but that doesn't answer the question "why?"
    The cause of this DXVA problems seems to be a new graphic card (Radeon HD4350 instead of integrated HD3200)

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Well, i've tried H264 and it's not using DXVA either. SAF installs MPC decoders, but they are not the same version (even MPC-HC logo changes).
    So, the situation now is: MPC-HC and Arcsoft TMT3 mplays everything smoothly and using DXVA, MP even with SAF or Cyberlink HD264 decoder plays everythin very badly because DXVA is not working.
    I can set an external player in MP, but that doesn't answer the question "why?"
    The cause of this DXVA problems seems to be a new graphic card (Radeon HD4350 instead of integrated HD3200)

If you have SAF 4.00 beta20+ installed:

- double click on your m2ts file in explorer, MPC-HC player will play it using MPC video decoder
    - configure MediaPortal to decode h.264 using MPC video decoder and play your m2ts file in MP - MP should play it using exactly same decoder as in first case

Posible cases why it doesnot work in MediaPortal:
    -you installed DirectVobSub
    -you have different h.264 decoder installed and it is used in my by mistake
    -there is VC-1i inside m2ts file

How to detect problem:
    -Start MP in window, play your video and pause
    -now START - SAF - TOOLS - Graphstudio, here File - conncet to remote graph
    -you should see similar graph:
    m2ts_MP_graph.png

...if not make your screenshot and post here.

Undel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 23, 2008
    Home Country
    I've found the source of the problem. And that wasn't video...
    FFDShow from SAF was taking all AC3/AAC/DTS/etc decoding. High-bitrate audio was making it a slow as a turtle :) I've disabled it in FFDShow settings and switched to Dscaler and Monogram. Now it's all working perfectly.
    By the way... what do you mean by *unlocking* SAF? Using expert mode in MP config?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom