Mail Issues on 0.1.0.6 (1 Viewer)

Which Email account do you use the most?

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Hey guys,

I've had no issued at all with the new version of MP, except for the buttons/textures being slighlty out of line, but i can live with that.

I have noticed the new Email settings :), but i have tried the only 2 accounts that i have and both do not work.

1. Gmail:
My gmail account has been setup, states its connected to the server and stays like that, no time out or nothing.
On Gmail's website it states that to have POP access enabled the email client must be able to support SMTP authentication... Does anyone know if the mail plugin supports this?
I have also tried this with the Gmail Notifier active as i though that MP may be retrieving the details through this. Again not a thing.....

2. Pipex:
When attempting to add the pop host address, MP states the Host is unreachable and is refering to the old details. Unlike the Gmail, which is a .com host, Pipex is .net and seems to be refusing the host details purely on this reason...

Has anyone had issues with POP retrieval through 0.1.0.6??

Ta.

QCO

Portal Member
January 3, 2005
Leipzig, Germany
1: The problem with Gmail is that gmail forces SSL-encryption to access pop.
MP at the moment doesn't support this.

2: Mhh, I tried this and you are right. No idea at this point...

QCO

Portal Member
January 3, 2005
Leipzig, Germany
beawulf said:
When attempting to add the pop host address, MP states the Host is unreachable and is refering to the old details. Unlike the Gmail, which is a .com host, Pipex is .net and seems to be refusing the host details purely on this reason...
Ok, did some research on that.
Conclusion: I think MP is not to blame for this. All it does is a DNS-lookup on the server you entered. This is reasonable because if this fails MP would not be able to fetch emails anyway.
Now I did the same and tried DNS-lookup on typical mail-server names such as pop3.pipex.net, pop.pipex.net, mail.pipex.net ... and all failed.
So are you sure you have the right server name?
I don't know the real name of the server. Perhaps you could post it so I could try this?

A

Anonymous

sorry my mistake, Pipex in a .com host and works ok :oops:
Thats what happens when you dont read properly.

Do you know if there will be any updated to the mail plugin to allow for Gmail retrieval or even smtp through working pop accounts?

Ta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom