Make MP more multiplex/transport stream aware (1 Viewer)

Cordraconis

Portal Pro
July 26, 2016
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Basically I am wondering if MP2 can record the full .ts transport stream of DVB-C broadcasts...

Case study: I have 2 hybrid tuners. I can record 2 shows simultanious, but then I can no longer watch a 3rd show at the same time. However, one of the tuners is tuned to a DVB-C stream which has multiple channels inside.

- Would it be possible/feasable to have a "record full .ts transport stream" option? (those who want it, also know how to post-process it later.)
- alternatively you could have MP give a warning "all tuners will be busy from <timestamp> till <timestamp>, so some channels will be unavailable during that time." and then have all the channels greyed out in the EPG during that period *except* the channels that are in the same DVB-C transport streams. Obviously those are then available for viewing or further recording.

I hope my request is clear enough to the programmers and yes i realize this will probably be an edge case, so just the Full TS recording option would be enough.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The contained TV engine in MP2 is (mainly) the same as in MP1.16. It does support multiple recordings of programs on same transponder by one tuner already.

What is currently not implemented in MP2 Client is the handling of channel states, indicating if there is a free tuner to watch it. But this is implemented in MP1, we still need to port over this handling.

Cordraconis

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2016
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thanks for clarifying that!

I was thinking of some kind of workaround: I'm pretty sure I can get VLC player to stream ALL channels in a multiplex, so I could probably get those streams inside the IPTV part of the server. (I'm not sure if channel merging is possible with IPTV?) Also this would hog one of my tuners, but I think VLC can do this on-demand, so I wouldn't lose a tuner.
    It seems IPTV / MP2 is pretty picky with the format, but a raw DVB-C stream should work. It would also give transcoding to boot!
    Anyway, no chance I can get around to trying this out soon :-(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom