Make MP not autoplay playlists? (1 Viewer)

zhvihti

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 16, 2007
    Amsterdam
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello,

I am using a lot of playlist files (M3U, couple 10's of thousands, auto-generated) to drill-down my music collection.

When I browse normally (not the special playlist option) and I click on a playlist, it starts playing automatically. I really do not want that. Is there a way to change that so that I can browse the playlist and only enqueue the songs I want?

One workaround I tried is instead of having a playlist with many songs in it, to make a directory where there is one playlist for each song. That allows browsing, but now the enqueue functionality doesn't work and clicking playlist in the side-menu gives me an empty page (tried both Blue3wide and StreamedMP). Screenshot attached of empty page.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
      Untitled.png
      497.5 KB

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I'm not following you regarding how you use your playlists, but with the 'i' button on a hauppauge remote - guess that's what you imply with HP in your system specs - you can load a playlist but of course it also starts to play it right away.

What's the use of creating 1 playlist for each song just for the sake of being able to enque it in a new temporary playlist???
    The point is how did you arrange your files, because with a well sorted library, you can easily create (temporary) playlists.

HTH
    P

johnz1

Portal Member
    January 19, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have the same problem with the behavior of m3u & pls files. In my case, I have playlists for my favorite tracks of different genres. I want to be able to browse this playlist and que songs directly from it. Basically, I want an option to view playlists like folders.

Thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom