mame request (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

it would be nice if 'my programs' was able to read the filename and display the full title of the game instead of the 8 character filename.

for example

instead of

ddsom

display

dungeons & dragons: shadow over mystaria

this wouldnt be very hard to implement, there are tons of mame database files and you probably wouldnt have to type in each name for every rom.

barranger

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
The problem is comming up with a generic way of doing it so that if db for N64 Nes SNes (for example) were available, then they also could be used.

Also, I'd need to integrate a files db for this to work right as re-parsing all of the files would lead to unacceptable slow downs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2.2 MediaPortal 2.2.2 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user requirements out of the box. Besides its TV and Radio services it is also offering a complete media management for movies, series and music, including posters, album and fan art as well as additional...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2.2 MediaPortal 2.2.2 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2.2 MediaPortal 2.2.2 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Yes, it is, since a long time. I've used it for some years and still use it. Only the client plugin was not successfully ported to MP2. One glitch is still existing in the server plugin, you need to trigger the search manually. Normally it should run automatic but this did not work, at least not for me... Even without automatic...
Yes, it is, since a long time. I've used it for some years and still use it. Only the client plugin was not successfully ported to...
Hello, I am a long time user of Windows Media Center. I still use it even on Windows 10. This is getting more difficult with every...
Replies
Views
Sad to see you replied so late, I've long since moved from 32bit to 64bit, so you've gone through all that trouble to help me for nothing. Thanks anyway. Emph
Sad to see you replied so late, I've long since moved from 32bit to 64bit, so you've gone through all that trouble to help me for...
************************************************* EDIT 2019-04-29: New version, see Gitlad for change log. Thank you SINCowboy So...
Replies
Views
Sorry to hear that you have to go to hospital. I hope that all wil be fine. In fact you have already all the information needed. The database name and the table name are the same than in mySQL for ArgusTV. How can I provide you the Backup file ?
Sorry to hear that you have to go to hospital. I hope that all wil be fine. In fact you have already all the information needed...
Hi. I like to introduce our latest tool, called "EPG-Buddy". This program should make EPG grabbing as easy as possible. Up to now a...
Replies
Views
Thank you for your patience and for the detailed reply, @Lehmden. I will try install the new version.
Thank you for your patience and for the detailed reply, @Lehmden. I will try install the new version.
The MP2 team is proud to present the final release version of MediaPortal 2.1 MediaPortal 2.1 is a full-blown media center software...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom