Manual Add TV Channel (1 Viewer)

axlt2002

Portal Pro
September 20, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi All,

I'm actually trying to manually add a DVB-T channel since the automatic scan didn't find it.

A part the frequency and the PMT PID (that I found on the internet) do you know what where Am I supposed to find the values for the other fields Network ID, Transport ID and Service ID? The channel is an italian channel called "cielo". But I'm not able to find any other info on it...

Are Network ID, Transport ID and Service ID necessary or can I put a "fake" numbers?

Thanks in advance for the help!

axlt2002

Portal Pro
September 20, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
Solved!

I have succesfully inserted manually the TV channel. I "discovered" that the needed parameters are just the frequency, the bandwidth and the PMT PID...all the other parmaters don't make any difference in the correct reception of the channel.

Cheers!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    For completeness...
    The network ID and transport stream ID are not required for tuning, but they're used to uniquely identify the channel. In other words, next time you scan you may find that you get a duplicate channel created if you haven't entered the correct details.

I am surprised that tuning works with service ID not set correctly. It should be set.

axlt2002

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ok, my mistake...I forgot to mention the SID!!!!! Thanks a lot for highlighting it in order to provide correct information in the forum. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom