Manual edit for different episode count (1 Viewer)

vonson

Portal Member
January 10, 2009
Hi,

sorry if my request has been handled already, I did not find anything regarding this.

The shows 'The Honourable Woman' Or 'The Night Manager' (for example) have been re-edited to a different episode count for their release in Germany. This makes their use in the plugin pretty awkward. Now while 'The Night Manager' has less episodes (and I can live with mismathing synopis, running time etc.) it seems that on 'The Honourable Woman' the final episode has been split in two. I tried to import them both as episode 8 and tried editing the visible name of the individual instances in TV-Series to 'part 1' and 'part 2', but any change done to one of those instances is applied to both. Thus from inside the plugin there is no way to determine which of the double 'episode 8' entries is which part. It would be really helpful if individual entries could be manually renamed individually.

Thanks for any suggestions.

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This problem has been on the table before for anther series, that also was originated from outside Germany, but was changed in some way for Germany.
    The problem here is that structure is fetched from TheTVDb, and TheTVDb is organizing the series from the original series airing.... So I think the main problem lays with TheTVDb in this case. But you can take a look at this comment from @ltfearme, it maybe we in some assistants for you're problem - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/long-way-round.133514/reply?quote=1173462

vonson

Portal Member
    January 10, 2009
    Thank you barneh.
    I tried that option, I did not know about it, but it does not make any difference.
    Yes, it is a problem that stems from TheTVDb's rules and there is no way to solve this problem on this side.
    If I could use custom titles for multiple entries of the same episode I'd be able to deal with that.
    BTW, this would also apply to a scenario where a single episode exists in an edited an in a unedited version and both should exist side by side.
    I guess I'd simply strongly advocate a more customizable local db.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom