Manually Edit Databse (1 Viewer)

dw2010

April 12, 2010
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hello,

I have lrc files (with the same name as the MP3) in all of my music folders -- is there any way I can batch import these into the database -- or tell the plugin to look for the lrc file in the same directory?

I tried using the import dir but I keep getting an Error Object reference not set to an instance of an object. error

I tried opening up the LyricsDatabaseV2.db with SQL Lite database browser but it says its not a valid db3 file

any guidance would be much appreciated -- thanks

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    You are right that the Import dir feature is the correct way to go. I've just made an import of two LRC files (both with the .LRC extension and with a valid LRC) with success. Please post the exception with callstack or attach the logs and I'll have a look.

dw2010

April 12, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry for my noobness but I'm not sure where to find the callstack there doesnt seem to be any more information in the error message

I tried ticking enable logging under settings but I cant work out where the log files are stored -- (running a procmon doesnt seem to show any logfiles being written to) Running Windows 7 x64.

Looking closer at the procmon results I believe I have tracked down the problem -- If there is no info at the beginning of the lrc file IE these lines were not present at the beginning
    [ar: ]
    [ti: ]
    [al: ]

I guess it makes sense as the pluggin wont know what to store it under in the db -- maybe in future it could put under an unknown section or just throw an 'import error - invalid lrc file <filename>.lrc do you wish to process the remaining files? yes/no' error

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    You are right that the plugin shouldn't throw an exception for incomplete LRC-files. I'll make sure that this is handled better in the future.
    Thanks for the report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom