[solved] Mapping Remote Keys (1 Viewer)

ptmurphy

Portal Member
February 16, 2011
I have been having some remote issues so went into MediaPortal configuration and set the HID remote to use extended logging. I then went into MP, used the remote, and looked at the log. I am a bit confused.

So I basically pushed every button the remote, but only some of the keys were logged, even though they work in MP.

For example, when I hit the Play/Pause button, a log entry is made...

HID: Command: 14 - MediaPlayPause

The Stop Button...

HID: Command: 13 - MediaStop

The forward and back buttons...

HID: Command: 11 - MediaNextTrack
HID: Command: 12 - MediaPreviousTrack

However, when I hit buttons like 1-9,0,Info, etc. there is nothing put in the log file. These keys all function in MediaPortal, doing the right thing (except Info), but nothing is logged. Why?

I wanted to capture the Key Number so I could mess with key mapping to fix an issue I am working on.

Note: I set my MCE (knockoff) to HID because if I don't the play, pause, etc. don't work.

Thanks for any help you can offer...

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    you can use autohotkey eg. to map the 0 key to output s instead you script looks like this

Code:
    0::s

you could add a condition that MP is active window etc.

Last edited:

ptmurphy

Portal Member
    February 16, 2011
    OK, this definitely got me going in the right direction. I had never heard of AutoHotKey, so a bit of a learning curve for me tonight. Anyway, here is the script I have running in AHK to have the "0" key on the remote bring up the On Screen Display. This is a workaround for me, as I want to be able to press the "Info" button, but can't get that to work.

Code:
    ; If the Numpad 0 key is pressed with MediaPortal windows active, send the "Y" key instead
    $Numpad0::
    IfwinActive MediaPortal
    {
    Send y
    }
    ; Otherwise, just sent the zero key
    else
    {
    Send 0
    }

I appreciate the help!!!!

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Glad I could help

autohotkey is really useful and not too difficult to use

within 15 minutes I was able to make a script that searches for the MP icon in the system tray and double clicks it if MP is minimized to tray and I press the MCe button.

ptmurphy

Portal Member
    February 16, 2011
    Thanks for the your help on this... really appreciated. Any way you could provide that script, or at least the part where you trigger on the MCE button. I was messing around with that last night as well, and couldn't figure out how to let AHK know that the MCE button was pressed.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I use lmremote to launch my autohotkey script when the mce button is pressed, however you could look here for a guide on how to detect the button within autohotkey

http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/remote_manu.html[DOUBLEPOST=1367444411][/DOUBLEPOST]win+r -> regedit

Find (or similar)

[ H K E Y _ L O C A L _ M A C H I N E \ S Y S T E M \ C u r r e n t C o n t r o l S e t \ S e r v i c e s \ H i d I r \ R e m o t e s \ 7 4 5 a 1 7 a 0 - 7 4 d 3 - 1 1 d 0 - b 6 f e - 0 0 a 0 c 9 0 f 5 7 d a ]

Change this bit

0 d , 0 0 , 0 0 , 0 0 , 0 4 , 0 5 , 2 8 , \ ; [ W i n d o w s ] - S e n d s " C t r l - A l t - E n t e r "

^ remap mce button in registry to ctrl alt enter, then detect ctrl+alt+enter in autohotkey script

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom