Mark Forums As Read.... (1 Viewer)

Efros

Portal Pro
January 23, 2006
Maine
Home Country
England England
When you go into a forum and read the contents and then return to the main forum page (not by backing up but by clicking the forum link) the forum still indicates new posts, the only way to kill the blinking indicator is to manually apply mark forum as read.

Also when I click read new posts under the forum title I get

"Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Now this may be as a result of trying to read new posts in a forum where there aint any but the forum indicator is indicating that there are.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    When you go into a forum and read the contents and then return to the main forum page (not by backing up but by clicking the forum link) the forum still indicates new posts, the only way to kill the blinking indicator is to manually apply mark forum as read.
    weird i do exactly the same and it is working here.

which browser do you use? i am on IE6

Efros

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2006
    Maine
    Home Country
    England England
    firefox 1.5.0.6, now it seems to be working..strange

Seems to be a time issue, I tried in IE6 and can get a similar result when reading a thread and then returning immediately to the main forum. If I refresh the page after a second or so the indicator stops blinking. V strange

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You could have the problem I have (at work) and that is the activeX controls could be blocked due to "security-risks" so some actions do not function correctly on my IE6 at work but are fine at home.

Mike

Efros

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2006
    Maine
    Home Country
    England England
    I don't think the site uses activex, besides this behaviour is happening on firefox on my ibook as well, and Safari for that matter. Definitely some timing issue, I think

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I don't think the site uses activex, besides this behaviour is happening on firefox on my ibook as well, and Safari for that matter. Definitely some timing issue, I think
    could be related to cookies.

but i can not reproduce it here :confused:

Efros

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2006
    Maine
    Home Country
    England England
    perhaps, how does the vbulletin software keep track of read posts is it by depositing cookies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom